The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Know of a stolen car? Post the details here and lets find it!
By leeroofus1
Just want to make people aware of a gang who stole my car obviously to order.They had a skeleton key to open the door then got a local company called the lost car key co to come and program the immobiliser to their key with a laptop in broad daylight.
The bloke from lost car key co didn't even ask to see a log book ! Car gone , gutted.
By Damien
isnt the company liable - as they aided the theft? :???:

Edit - did they use a Debt or Credit card to pay the company? most like stolen or cloned. :sad:
By Damien
yella wrote:they are liable, i'd go see a solicitor as you will have case against them
this = mugen 20 :thumbup: :WOOT
By GazEP3
There's bound to be some comeback against them, they may as well have just handed them the keys themselves :bad-words: :bad-words: Hope your insurance pays out, I know it's no consolation considering your car's gone but at least it's something
By Sedge
yella wrote:they are liable, i'd go see a solicitor as you will have case against them
Defo, why should you have to make a claim for thier sloppy work practice?!
Get some legal advice, perhaps through your insurers and get your cash back plus a little for your trouble.
Sedge
By sloan85
G. wrote:
sloan85 wrote:How do you know this happened? Did they get caught?
I'm assuming that they got info from the Lost Car Key Co?
I'd go to the police if my car was stolen. I'm guessing the only way I would find out what happened if it wasn't obvious, i.e.keys stolen, was if the people got caught.
By Sedge
Details...
Reg?
Colour?
Mods? Aftermarket or factory fit.
Anything that will make it stand out from others?
Sedge
By Nick
Should have no issues with a claim on this one, bar the actual price given for the car.

Good luck!
By bornlucky1
Barney wrote:How do you know the lost key company were involved ?
That bit doesnt make sense to me either :scratch: This whole thing stinks of insurance job if you ask me, (i hope i'm wrong and the o.p can provide a good explanation - if so i will retract my previous statement)
By Atki
Even with a skeleton key why didn't the alarm sound, I thought it was a separate system on cars or would opening the door via a key reset the alarm?

Hope you find it anyway pal, never had a car stolen but had broken into and is an awful feeling.

Giving us details of the car in question could be a good idea, alot of eyes on here who could spot on Internet etc etc however much a long shot it is.

Atki
By RoSs-K20
Sorry to hear about this dude, im sure your fully gutted :-|

just for anybody who wants to know abit of useful info.. theres a serial number on the bottom corner of the front windscreen on most hondas and other cars too (i noticed this on my old EK4) this number can be used to obtain skeleton keys & keyfobs information.. all the information they need is your name and address (which they can obtain from having a hoke in your bin) plus this serial number and bobs your uncle imitated keys and immobiliser fob to a nice new car.

The people that carry out these "made to order" spec'd cars know their stuff.. its their job at the end of the day.

you can usually slide a piece of paper down the inside of the windscreen to cover this serial number btw

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]