The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Know of a stolen car? Post the details here and lets find it!
By nhawkesn
ive jus bought myself a type R and im now hearing that they get nicked left right and centre, is it easy to steal one and how can i go about protecting mine?
By neemstar
I'm sure I've read that they only get nicked with the keys, so is it easy to break into your house?

If the answer is yes then it will be easy for the scum to steal your R.
By nhawkesn
Its not easy to get hold of my keys so cheers lads. stil got the possibility of the scummers vandalising it though, what alarm system, imobilizer or tracking device does the car come with factory fitted? and is it expensive/easy to fit a tracking device?
By neemstar
I think it's a factory fitted Cat 1.
No tracker on the car from factory.
Have a look around on google e.t.c for tracker prices.
Another option is "Blackjax." :thumbup:
By SeasideR
Take the car to honda and get them to reset the alarm system and keys to make sure no one has another set made up
Other wise they can take the car any time they like :sad: as in my case

Getting a Disklock for the steering wheel and tracker would be a must i think :thumbup:

but i found out the hard way :bad-words:
By FireBIade2
yes they are easy to steal & usually goes like this, break in front door (or window), attack owner, threaten with (knife or gun), take keys, leave with car.

always be suspicious if you only get one set of keys, but as said other keys can be coded as well so to be 100% sure you can get some keys recoded.

Having said all that I would imagine its only the heavily modded cars that woudl attract alot of attention.
By Mart
bluntcap wrote:Attach it with machine guns and boobie traps :thumbup:
What's ridiculous about that sentence is... If some sh!tbag tried to steal your car and got his leg cut off by the anti-theft undercar leg remover, you would be sued to high heaven.
By lkbctr1
nhawkesn wrote:ive jus bought myself a type R and im now hearing that they get nicked left right and centre, is it easy to steal one and how can i go about protecting mine?
take the alloys off every night..
By jrstevo
I working within the car theft prevention organisation and have to speak with the Car thevies on a regular basis on a one to one basis just before they are being sent to prison!

Obviuosly various cars come up in conversation and one specific one I aways bring up is the CTR and firstly the demand for them and if they have ever stolen any! looking after my interests as well.

According to the last three convicts that i have spoken to they all believe that the CTR's are fitted with trackers as standard and practically impossible to steal other than breaking into your house and emoving the keys. But either way the convicts (politest word without being told off) aren't usually interested as they fear being caught!

As mentioned though the car jacking aspect is becoming more common for all motors, they do however tend to steal the more descreat cars 207's fiestas as they blend aka "blenders".

I shouldn't worry to much you pay the insurance for that aspect and the way I see it, If they drag me out of my CTR or screw my house for the keys, as long as no one is hurt they can have her, although I would be gutted, I just hope that if they do get carried away there the only ones hurt!!

Jim
By dingus120
Marty wrote:
bluntcap wrote:Attach it with machine guns and boobie traps :thumbup:
What's ridiculous about that sentence is... If some sh!tbag tried to steal your car and got his leg cut off by the anti-theft undercar leg remover, you would be sued to high heaven.
just get rid of the severed legs ,mop up the trail of blood ,after which you will have reached said scumbag and tell him off good and proper!! :bad-words:
By R155
keys do seem to be the way ahead for them

im going remove the steering wheel that just might stop them
By tuf
R155 wrote:keys do seem to be the way ahead for them

im going remove the steering wheel that just might stop them
Still wouldnt stop them from taking it away on a flat bed. Think a tracker is a must if your really worried about keeping the car safe, if you have spent so much $$$$ on it, Like me, il be having a tracker fitted soon aswell as theyr only around 700pound mark.
By V_Type_R
if you want piece of mind add a tracker on, i`m getting tints done this sat just for security lights in the front and just darker on the rears. also locks for the gearknob or steering wheel would be extras. :thumbup:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]