The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Know of a stolen car? Post the details here and lets find it!
By James Manson
To be honest you can only try and prevent any thieft. If I saw 3 ctrs one with a disklock and alarm, one with tracker and alarm and disklock and one with only an alarm then I know which I'd try for! Best thing I ever bought for a car is my disklock. I've had the same one for nearly 10 years on 10 different cars and, yes I've had the odd stereo nicked in my festas but never a car. Even my scooby had it on for over3 years and I always trusted it, still do! :bigthumb:
By _Nero_
Years ago, I remember a guy in our road owning a lovely black Supra. I remember it clearly because - aside from looking immaculate - it was covered in yellow mechanical security devices (wheel lock/ handbrake lock) and Clifford stickers letting you know it's equipped with security device X and Y.

Months later, I recall chatting to the bloke about the car when he'd apparently stopped being so obsessive about the security. When I enquired as to why he'd abandoned having SO many obvious mechanical and electronic devices to protect the car - he answered that one day, he'd come out to the car and ALL of his locks/ immobiliser/ alarm had been neatly piled on his seat with a note on top...

"If we want it, we'll have it."

:shock:
By foolserrand1985
_Nero_ wrote:Years ago, I remember a guy in our road owning a lovely black Supra. I remember it clearly because - aside from looking immaculate - it was covered in yellow mechanical security devices (wheel lock/ handbrake lock) and Clifford stickers letting you know it's equipped with security device X and Y.

Months later, I recall chatting to the bloke about the car when he'd apparently stopped being so obsessive about the security. When I enquired as to why he'd abandoned having SO many obvious mechanical and electronic devices to protect the car - he answered that one day, he'd come out to the car and ALL of his locks/ immobiliser/ alarm had been neatly piled on his seat with a note on top...

If that's true. :roflmao:
By fac51hacienda
_Nero_ wrote:Years ago, I remember a guy in our road owning a lovely black Supra. I remember it clearly because - aside from looking immaculate - it was covered in yellow mechanical security devices (wheel lock/ handbrake lock) and Clifford stickers letting you know it's equipped with security device X and Y.

sad but true
By lenagh
dandemoraliser wrote:Cat 1 alarm and immoboliser.

Just need to get a big ass dog to guard your house......
She's not bad at it either my missus.
By DocEP2

thats insane
By white-n-black
Mr scumbag needs his own set of boxes ( ecu, black imobilsor box, and a fob). Then he can swap it for your one and start the car when hes conected his box's he can press his fob which will disarm the imobilser, the hardest part is getting in without the alarm going off most've the time you can pull the bonnet and pop the battery lead off on some cars the alarm doesnt go off on some it does! Basically its a pain and to much of a mission to swap boxes on a ctr just to steal it because these days its not really worth the hassle as there wont be the demand on the criminal market for a ctr. Halfmoon stop lock is the best option its the harder one to get off, if mr scumbag hasn't got big boltcropers its not coming off.
By Newannaive
white-n-black wrote: the hardest part is getting in without the alarm going off most've the time you can pull the bonnet and pop the battery lead off on some cars the alarm doesnt go off on some it does!
:lol:
By white-n-black
Newannaive wrote:
white-n-black wrote: the hardest part is getting in without the alarm going off most've the time you can pull the bonnet and pop the battery lead off on some cars the alarm doesnt go off on some it does!
Doen't yours go off if you put your hand in the car through an open window when its locked then?
By Grov24
The best way to keep your motor safe, is lock it up in a decent garage. It's amazing how many people don't use there garage for what it was designed for. Out of sight, out of mind.
By Magic-R
white-n-black wrote:
Newannaive wrote:
Doen't yours go off if you put your hand in the car through an open window when its locked then?

My oem alarm used to disarm if the bonnet was popped :lol: It packed up one day anyway so its been disconnected and replaced with something much better anyway.

Oh, i also use a disklock, brilliant things, i just take it from car to car with me.
By white-n-black
Magic-R wrote:
white-n-black wrote:
Newannaive wrote:

My oem alarm used to disarm if the bonnet was popped :lol: It packed up one day anyway so its been disconnected and replaced with something much better anyway.

Oh, i also use a disklock, brilliant things, i just take it from car to car with me.
The half moon disclock is better :bigthumb:
By Magic-R
I wouldnt think so by looking at it. But im more than happy with a full wheel disk. :salut:
By white-n-black
Magic-R wrote:I wouldnt think so by looking at it. But im more than happy with a full wheel disk. :salut:
Looks are decieving :salut: i tested them, as i wanted to be sure my series one was going nowhere :cool: the full moon is still hard mind.
By bondyboy

the work bullshiter also told me a very similar story of his "mate", I thought it very dubious as why go to all that trouble and risk getting caught to not even take the car

so I looked on snopes - it's been around since the 70s:-

http://www.snopes.com/autos/theft/carthief.asp
By Genga
Maybe so, but people can still send a message to prove their work.

A couple years back, 'Lulzsec' sent a message to an internet security site promising something along the lines of $500,000 to anyone who could hack their site and code. He simply hacked it and sprawled over their main page, something along the lines of "Keep your money, I have enough already".

You don't have to take stuff to prove that you can
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]