The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Know of a stolen car? Post the details here and lets find it!
By dutch
Mart wrote:
bluntcap wrote:Attach it with machine guns and boobie traps :thumbup:
What's ridiculous about that sentence is... If some sh!tbag tried to steal your car and got his leg cut off by the anti-theft undercar leg remover, you would be sued to high heaven.
undercar leg remover :thumbup:

or paint your ctr poo poo brown and stick lada badges on that might do the trick :cooldude:
By NickyJDM
I've never been 100% sure about trackers - I mean, would you really want the car back after it had been stolen?

A tracker was an optional extra on my last car (Leon Cupra R), but I wasnt bothered about it.
By Mark83
tuf wrote:
R155 wrote:keys do seem to be the way ahead for them

im going remove the steering wheel that just might stop them
Still wouldnt stop them from taking it away on a flat bed. Think a tracker is a must if your really worried about keeping the car safe, if you have spent so much $$$$ on it, Like me, il be having a tracker fitted soon aswell as theyr only around 700pound mark.
I don't.

1) I wouldn't want my car back.
2) A tracker isn't required by my insurance company.
3) There is no discount to my premium for having a tracker.
4) Its not that hard for a professional to find and remove the unit.
By Superbully
Seiki wrote:Why does the dog have to have a big ass ?
because usually the rest of the animal around that big ass is also big! :twisted:

unless of course it's been crossed with beyonce and then it's just going to have a ridiculously large booty on a small bod :lol:
By tuf
Mark83 wrote:
tuf wrote:
R155 wrote:keys do seem to be the way ahead for them

im going remove the steering wheel that just might stop them
Still wouldnt stop them from taking it away on a flat bed. Think a tracker is a must if your really worried about keeping the car safe, if you have spent so much $$$$ on it, Like me, il be having a tracker fitted soon aswell as theyr only around 700pound mark.
I don't.

1) I wouldn't want my car back.
2) A tracker isn't required by my insurance company.
3) There is no discount to my premium for having a tracker.
4) Its not that hard for a professional to find and remove the unit.
That was meant to be for people who are thinking of putting on snap on steering wheels/hiding keys and the like, if someone wants your car, theyl be inside your house pointing a gun in your face demanding the steering wheel too lol. If you want the scum to be caught then just get a tracker. No point hiding your keys etc, if they want them, they will get them by any means as they are complete scum.
Best thing like mentioned before, gett a big ass dog to guard it:twisted: :lol:
By TypeRus
The best way to stop car thiefs forever is to install electric shocker driver seats. As soon as thief get's in car a metal bar locks him in seat :shock: him with 5000 volts and then seat rejects car thief for you. :thumbup: I saw that on one of the old Robocop movies years ago! Not a bad idea though. On a serious note car crime is awfull and the scum that do this crime deserve to be locked up for a long time. I did see on a program that there is going to be a locking system that locks all doors &b windows if a car thief tried to steal a car. In other words the thief would be completely locked in the car with the alarms going off and flashing lights on top of that police would automaticaly be notified by a computer system build in the engine :thumbup: I don't think it's on the market yet but it will be in the near future. In the mean time if you're worried about your keys best place to put it is in a smelly place :shock: Just make sure though if the car thief finds the key up there you had a large curry the night before need I say more :lol: :lol:
By JackA
NickyJDM wrote:I've never been 100% sure about trackers - I mean, would you really want the car back after it had been stolen?

A tracker was an optional extra on my last car (Leon Cupra R), but I wasnt bothered about it.
couldn't agree more!
By stephenmcc
Break Window.
Plug In JDM EP3/DC5 ECU
Remove Steering Column Surround
Uncrew Back Of Ignition
Flat Head Screwdriver Into Back Of Ignition And Turn To Start...

real easy.
By jj0201
stephenmcc wrote:Break Window.
Plug In JDM EP3/DC5 ECU
Uncrew Back Of Ignition

real easy.
i can see you've done things like this before
:scratch: :???:
By neemstar
Plug In JDM EP3/DC5 ECU
Uncrew Back Of Ignition

real easy.
Location = Liverpool?
By jj0201
neemstar wrote:
Plug In JDM EP3/DC5 ECU
Uncrew Back Of Ignition

real easy.
Location = Liverpool?
:lol:
By RoSs-K20
if they want your ctr.. they will get it..simple as that.. if they need the keys they will just break into your house, boil the kettle and wait for you to come down the stairs.. my advice would be, take your keys to bed with you (in other words, dont leave them in the back door) and of course a nice big baseball bat and disc-lock is always good to have IMO :bigthumb:

what else can you do... legally
By shino88
I have disclock and it does the job as security and deterrent, though won't do nothing for vandalism, i did buy a cheap £3 alarm looking LED module which flashes blue when normal and then if any movement of car is detected it flashes red.

Not the best deterrent but the amount of people who have asked me if that is an alarm is surprising and I always answer yes.

Don't know about having the keys near your bed as that would mean direct confrontation with the would-be robber who might have a gun unless you are packing also!!
By Atki
I had mine broken into shortly after ownership and decided I didn't want the alarm to sound once they were through the windows as what happened to me.

I invested in an alarm upgrade, still a CAT 1 but with tilt sensors, shock sensors, a proximity sensor that beeps when close to it and a text alert system which let's me know when the alarm goes off. This also allows me to text the car to turn on the immobiliser and shut down the engine.

I know they would get the car if they wanted it but gives greater piece of mind knowing it's that bit extra secure. I think the proximity sensors are the biggest deterrent, you can stand close to the windows without it beeping so doesn't give people long enough to window shop or attempt to break in.

Trackers are good at replacing an already stolen car but I find prevention is better, I wouldn't want it back after someones stolen it.

Atki
By JackA
shino88 wrote:I have disclock and it does the job as security and deterrent, though won't do nothing for vandalism, i did buy a cheap £3 alarm looking LED module which flashes blue when normal and then if any movement of car is detected it flashes red.

Not the best deterrent but the amount of people who have asked me if that is an alarm is surprising and I always answer yes.

Don't know about having the keys near your bed as that would mean direct confrontation with the would-be robber who might have a gun unless you are packing also!!
my girlfriend laughs at me, but mine is actually under my pillow
By RoBMX
As others have said, if a would be thief is willing to break into your house to get the keys (which they would be if they were serious and not just opportunists) then I would rather them find the keys in the kitchen draw than point a gun/knife at me or any of my family. I am very fond of my car as are most people on this forum but it aint worth that much to me, if they want it that bad they can have it and i'll accept the insurance payout and probably get something different. However, a tracker and other systems will make their life more difficult and stop them doing it again. I did see a system a while back which you have to de-activate manually everytime you get in the car, if you don't when the ignition is started it pumps non-toxic white smoke into the cabin. I imagine that would be quite distracting when trying to drive it away, and smoke pouring out of the windows would probably attract some police attention. Thinking about it though, tear gas would be much more effective.
By Rossco
V_Type_R wrote:if you want piece of mind add a tracker on, i`m getting tints done this sat just for security lights in the front and just darker on the rears. also locks for the gearknob or steering wheel would be extras. :thumbup:
You do realise that its a 2002 Honda Civic and not an Aston Martin that you own?
By jacko123
I keep my keys near me & some protection :thumbup: My spare set are very well hidden they will never find them. If they are that keen to have my car then I will give them a shock. Its not the fact of them taking the car, its the fact they've broken into my house :bad-words:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]