The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Know of a stolen car? Post the details here and lets find it!
fingery wrote:Gutted for you Marc knowing how you looked after it and even if you get it back, the not knowing what's been done.

Any opinion of whether it was pure fluke yours was in there or do you think there's more to it?

Whatever happens, i hope you get the result you want.

I spoke with Richard, he's quite upset over the matter, hence why I've not waded in with demands. I'm sure that we can sort this out amicably and quite swiftly. We did get to discussing hypothosies. Richard, late last week took delivery of an S2000 engine which he had delivered by some blokes that came down from Rochdale, iirc.. Now, whilst the coppers were there today, they pointed out that the engine that Richard had taken delivery of was a stolen lump - so he is down on the cost of that for a start. However, he did say that the blokes that came down, were real petrolheads, very interested in his set up at TTS. (Now, I my self had the guided tour of the premises - quite reassuring , that you know what the company can achieve and that they have the facilites to do what they say) Richard commented on the blokes being very keen on the workshops and kit that he had. Taking photo's of the cars/bikes that he was working on - I did the same, the odd snap of a cool Ariel Atom, and a nice s2000. But he now believes that they may have been casing the place. He mentioned this to the police, so we'll see how it goes, or if there is any substance.

This is only speculation, but I find it coincidental. As for my part, I belive "wrong place, right time" as there were only 2 other people, with the exception of Richard and my family that new I was putting the car in for a Rotrex - that said no-one knew of the dates that i was putting it in for the work.

So... looks like the bad luck struck again. :-|
Dougie wrote:
tp wrote:Any other cars stolen?
Dougies was in there and so was Gunthers S2000.

It's sh-t when this happens. Mine was stolen/recovered same day but still took 4 months to get it back due to useless police and insurance idiots! :evil:
Mine was the other car broken in too, centre console with pioneer dvd headunit & the Blitz R-vit I've just fitted all gone.

No damage to my car other than forcing the glovebox open, it wasnt even locked the thick thieving Cnuts :stfu:

Good job my cars running like a dog & wont start or it would be gone also.
Im planning to strip my car out for 1/4, but not this early :roll:

Anyone point me in the right direction for a replacement console? As my feet will get chilly at night without one :wink:
Swap you a centre console for a FN2 :twisted:
Hi mate! Just want to say really sorry for your lost on such mod up car. :sad: Like many I wish I hadn't start reading these threads - it certaining worries me now! My friend had his FN2 nicked last year & took him 4 month to get a new one.

Might sound a bit cynical but don't you think these thieving scums are lurking in these forums looking for their next victim? Scary thought..... :???:
Yatman wrote:Might sound a bit cynical but don't you think these thieving scums are lurking in these forums looking for their next victim? Scary thought..... :???:
im not sure its a case of singling out their victim in marks case especially on a forum such as this.. as he said its just utter bad luck in being there, though i look forward to hearing about progression regarding the case with the gentlemen who took photos.. could be innocent but it definetly needs thorough investigation as im sure it is getting at this point..
-=Stella Artois=- wrote:
Dougie wrote:
tp wrote:Any other cars stolen?
Dougies was in there and so was Gunthers S2000.

It's sh-t when this happens. Mine was stolen/recovered same day but still took 4 months to get it back due to useless police and insurance idiots! :evil:
Mine was the other car broken in too, centre console with pioneer dvd headunit & the Blitz R-vit I've just fitted all gone.

No damage to my car other than forcing the glovebox open, it wasnt even locked the thick thieving Cnuts :stfu:

Good job my cars running like a dog & wont start or it would be gone also.
Im planning to strip my car out for 1/4, but not this early :roll:

Anyone point me in the right direction for a replacement console? As my feet will get chilly at night without one :wink:
Swap you a centre console for a FN2 :twisted:
Lol Not when my ep3 is just under 500bhp mate :-D

Case of wrong place right time for me too :evil: :evil:

Dougie
OMFG thats gutting, can I just clear a few things up though :-

Is this the same FN2 that richard at TTS was fitting a Rotrex Charger to and said he could make 360BHP With ??? and said he could get it done in a week eg the end of this week, (when there isnt even a ECU available to run it, well not with Hondata, unless they had another answer such as AEM etc etc)

If so, he couldnt have started much to get it done if they could rob the keys and drive away, why were the keys not in a safe or at least taken home with him, I know other tuners take customers keys home with them, as a security, why didnt they steal any other cars, what was the point of entry etc etc.

Just sounds a little strange, I know TTS have gone bust before owing people a LOT of money and then re-opened again etc etc, I know this is not the news that you actually want to hear but hope it all gets sorted, and obviously there is no need to claim on your insurance it is the responsibility of the Tuner / Premises.

Hope all works out for you, really is shitty news
Tarticus wrote:OMFG thats gutting, can I just clear a few things up though :-

Is this the same FN2 that richard at TTS was fitting a Rotrex Charger to and said he could make 360BHP With ??? and said he could get it done in a week eg the end of this week, (when there isnt even a ECU available to run it, well not with Hondata, unless they had another answer such as AEM etc etc)
Yes, Its the same FN2. and it didn't involve the primary ECU controlling the fueling.
Tarticus wrote:If so, he couldnt have started much to get it done if they could rob the keys and drive away, why were the keys not in a safe or at least taken home with him, I know other tuners take customers keys home with them, as a security, why didnt they steal any other cars, what was the point of entry etc etc.
As to why, I don't know why the keys were available, but under the supply of goods and services act 1982, the company has to take due care to protect the property that is left in charge with them. He had just completed the Datum runs, I was a day late delivering the car.
Tarticus wrote: Just sounds a little strange, I know TTS have gone bust before owing people a LOT of money and then re-opened again etc etc, I know this is not the news that you actually want to hear but hope it all gets sorted, and obviously there is no need to claim on your insurance it is the responsibility of the Tuner / Premises.

Hope all works out for you, really is shitty news
TTS Performance Parts Limited have been trading since 1982 (iirc) from the records at companies house, so hopefully all is good.
TTS Performance Parts Limited have been trading since 1982 (iirc) from the records at companies house, so hopefully all is good.
http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/2db65 ... 467#result

See company no 05513721

And here is one of the liquidated companies....

See company no 04315844

Interesting to note that the companies nature of business is noted as "manufacturer of motorcyles" too, no mention of cars

Also this

here is the link to it (right at the bottom of the page)

http://bankrupt.com/TCREUR_Public/050906.mbx

T.T.S. PERFORMANCE: Appoints Liquidators
----------------------------------------
At an Extraordinary General Meeting of T.T.S. Performance
Engineering Limited, duly convened, and held at the offices of
Rothman Pantall & Co, Clareville House, 26-27 Oxendon Street,
London SW1Y 4EP, on 10 August 2005, the following Resolutions
were passed, as an Extraordinary Resolution and as an Ordinary
Resolution respectively:

"That it has been proved to the satisfaction of this Meeting that
the Company cannot, by reason of its liabilities, continue its
business, and that it is advisable to wind-up the same, and that
accordingly the Company be wound up voluntarily and that Robert
Derek Smailes and Stephen Blandford Ryman, of Rothman Pantall &
Co, Clareville House, 26-27 Oxendon Street, London SW1Y 4EP, be
and are hereby appointed Joint Liquidators of the Company for the
purposes of such winding-up. Any act required to be taken by the
Joint Liquidators can be undertaken by either one of them acting
independently.

R R Albans, Chairman

You may not be able to access the links, but just goes to prove what I was saying above, hope it all gets sorted for you
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]