The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Know of a stolen car? Post the details here and lets find it!
If somebody else had been posting this, I gotta say I would be thinking it was a bit dubious. Too far fetched!
12:15 this morning. Me and wife go to bed. Been in bed 20 mins or so when I heard a noise downstairs. Half asleep so didn't take much notice. Then I heard a noise again which alerted me properly. Asked the wife 'whats that noise?' She said someone knocking at the door. Now my son is always falling out with his girl and we're usually his first port of call. So I go to the front bedroom window to look out to see who it is and there's 4 masked men trying to jemmy the front downstairs window and the front door.
I nonchalantly asked 'what you after fellas?' expecting them to turn tail and do one. No chance!
'Throw the flip keys out, now!'
I called to the missus to call the police. she started screaming and panicking, and they're shouting up to throw the flip keys out or they're comin in to get them. I runs downstairs stark bollock, pitch black, looking for my phone and they're bangin on the window and kickin the door tellin me to give them the keys. I was flip shittin myself. Im runnin round not knowing what to do. Next thing is a paving slab comes through the window, and one of them leans in, opens the window and is climbing in.
ok, I say, take the keys! then of course they're not in the usual place! anyway I'm lookig for the keys, saying hang on lads, im getting them.
Anyway I found them before he got in. I threw them out the window, with which they took the keys, got in the car and went.
The police have been, scene of crime people and 2 detectives.
They reckon it will be used for a armed robbery or something in the next couple of days or so. Then it will probably turn up.
She (the DC) said these type of crimes have increased here just lately, and strangely, the last couple of cars have turned up in immaculate condition, having been completely valeted! I said whats all that about? she said she thinks they do it to get rid of and trace evidence, ie prints, fibres etc. I would have thought torching it would have the same result but she said you cant explain some of the things these people do.
The police and the insurance people have all said I did the right thing to give them the keys, as obviously, the car can be replaced, but as they were obviously so determined to take the car, they were going get the keys by whatever method.
It was really terrifying at the time but at the end of the day nobody was hurt and I suppose thats the most important thing.
The insurance people have said that if it doesn't turn up in 28 days they'll replace it with a new one. But wife is saying that if it's going be like this then she don't want it back.
It's so Flipping annoying though, to work hard to have nice things that you want, and have to deprive yourself for Flipping scum!
I know some of you may say 'you should have put a baseball bat or something round his head!' I know what you're sayin, but when you're scared, you just want them to go, whatever it takes. And anyway, even if you're a hardcase, which i'm not, you may be able to take one, but what chance do you have against 4?
Moral of the story? If you're unfortunate enough to encounter this, just give them the keys as soon as you can, and minimize any damage to you, your family and your home.
My heads spinning a bit at the moment, but I'm thinking if I dont get it back and end up with a new one, I may see if anyone on here wants to avoid the wait and buy it from me at a (slight!) discount on new. Assumig thers anyone still waiting by the time I get mine.
Last edited by deek72 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
By awesome
Gutted for you mate but you did the right thing you put your family first. Im glad to hear your OK.

What goes around comes around so I hope those c***s end up with their balls in a mincer.

Really feel for you dude.
By corky_croydon
F**KING Bastards! Where abouts do you live mate?
By glen8
anyone would think the FN2 is a bl00dy ferrari

I'm getting a bit bored with all the attention now

Has to be said though, why would they steal an FN2.......surely a run of the mill car would have been better
By sjw
That's terrible. There was a lot of this with the old model, looks as if the scum like the new one too :cry: You did absolutely the right thing, however much it might dent your pride. It's time that home invasion crimes like this were given a higher profile, with serious police resources put into investigation and severe sentencing for the scum involved. People should be able to feel safe in their own homes.
By deek72
Live in manchester Corky. My area not the best but been here 24 years, and apart from a couple of breakins years ago, this is the worst thing thats happened.
By deek72
Sjw, the police say they will investigate this properly, as they think it may be linked to other crimes recently and in the area. She said they treat it very seriously. Aggravated robbery or something she called it.
By andycole
Gutted matey!!!!

Glad you found the keys before they got in the house!!

AC :sad:
By deek72
Glen: I was thinkin the same thing. Like there are way faster cars out there ( Im right aren't I EP3 owners! he he!) And its not like they're harder to steal or anything! They're using the keys! My bro-in-law reckons it may have been an order for someone somewhere. But its not like they can ring it is it? you need a scrapper for that don't you, and i don't think theres any about yet.
By pin777
wow sorry to here that dude

you would ov thought that the fn2 sticks out a bit much for this type ov thing at the moment (not many ov them about)

just seems odd that if they wanted an R then the ep3 wouldnt stand out as much imo being a lot more ov them on the road????

its amazing what this country is turning into???

i think you did the right thing as they wasnt going go without the car 1 way or the other

not nice to say but you seem to be lucky could have been a lot worse by the sounds
By 10 Pence Short
It's me and Ali doing this. We're going to get them all. And crush them.

Just give us your keys and there'll be no trouble. :wink:
By smartie
pin777 wrote:wow sorry to here that dude

you would ov thought that the fn2 sticks out a bit much for this type ov thing at the moment (not many ov them about)

just seems odd that if they wanted an R then the ep3 wouldnt stand out as much imo being a lot more ov them on the road????

its amazing what this country is turning into???

i think you did the right thing as they wasnt going go without the car 1 way or the other

not nice to say but you seem to be lucky could have been a lot worse by the sounds
Get yourself one of these, your "F" key is broken mate :smile:

Click here
By sjw
deek72 wrote:Sjw, the police say they will investigate this properly, as they think it may be linked to other crimes recently and in the area.
That's something, though to be honest I'll believe it when they slap the cuffs on. Not having a go at the police, but they don't seem to have the resources for this kind of thing.

For what it's worth, I'd only had my EP3 for a couple of weeks when we went up to Manchester to visit my parents. They used to live between Hyde and Denton. 3am the following morning we were woken up by a bunch of teenage chav scum kicking the door down. Luckily for us, they legged it, or we'd have ended up either stabbed or in court for assault. The police came round, made sympathetic noises, asked who owned the Type-R and confirmed that would have been the target. Said we weren't the first people they'd done that night. Next day a scene of the crime officer came round. She said she couldn't find any prints, which is odd because there was a clearly visible hand and face print where one of the little b@stards had been looking through the back door. What she actually meant, I think, was "it obviously belongs to a minor who's knuckles the courts won't even rap, and I can't be arsed freezing my tits off for that".

Anyway, I hope they catch them, and I hope they get a sentence appropriate to the amount of distress they have caused you and yours.
By deek72
Yeah, you,re probably right. It's so frustrating for all of us seeing scroat after scroat, committing offences one after the other, safe in the knowledge that they have got a warning, then another, then a fine, community service a couple of times, then a couple of suspended sentences at least before they even get near tasting a bit of porridge.
By sajon44
were just your car keys on the fob or all your other keys such as house etc etc like mine???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
By TypeRGT07
Oh my god! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
By Bakerboy3685
That's made me feel sad reading that. Really feel for you mate, just terrible. Saw that Car Wars programme the other night and they managed to locate a stolen Ford Focus ST which had a tracker fitted. Cops said it would probably have been used in an armed robbery so like you said that could be right, plus that was in Manchester as well.

Scared me a bit now, I don't live anywhere near you but it's worrying when you know stuff like that happens. I had all four wheels stolen off my last car on my driveway when it was a month old. Makes you feel numb, hope the bastards who did this die a painful death.
By deek72
Sajon: All my house keys and work keys were on it. The home insurance people were brilliant. Called them at about 3.15 am. By 3.45 the emergency repair man was knocking on the door. He boarded the window up and changed all the locks there and then.
By TypeRGT07
[quote="Bakerboy3685"]That's made me feel sad reading that. Really feel for you mate, just terrible. Saw that Car Wars programme the other night and they managed to locate a stolen Ford Focus ST which had a tracker fitted. Cops said it would probably have been used in an armed robbery so like you said that could be right, plus that was in Manchester as well.

Scared me a bit now, I don't live anywhere near you but it's worrying when you know stuff like that happens. I had all four wheels stolen off my last car on my driveway when it was a month old. Makes you feel numb, hope the bastards who did this die a painful death.[/quote

I heard on one of the police programs that the EP3 was the most stolen car in Manchester at one point!
By sims_delight
Sorry to hear about this but happy to see that you are OK - a bit shaken maybe but unharmed otherwise.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]