The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Know of a stolen car? Post the details here and lets find it!
By FunkyRemix
Sorry to hear this, you done the right thing handing over the keys but at least you seem positive. Hope you get it back soon.
By deek72
Thanks Funky. Sort of resigned myself now to not getting it back. I 'm thinking that if me and the police now have all the ignition keys (Re my earlier update about police recovering keys) between us, then if it is locked up somewhere then that is where it will stay. It can't be driven without the key can it?
I was hoping to be lucky enough to get it back straight away with no damage so I would'nt have to make a claim on my insurance. That looks unlikely now. If it doesnt turn up at all, come next insurance renewal it'll probably be too expensive to insure. Thats why I was saying if it gets replaced with a brand new one, it would probably be wise to sell it straight away whilst it was undriven. Just have to wait and see. Nowt I can do to change anything.
By seano
I can see your point and well understand the anguish that you are going through. Seems a bloody shame that we are being penalised for working hard to have something we enjoy and some scrotes are just taking the piss, by scaring us and loved ones into giving it all up.

What about swapping it for a holiday, a decent premier and one hell of an obvious tracker system? Or even a debadged supercharged Accord Type R (a Dan Ferrett suggestion).

With the brazeness of these scrotes, all decent cars need to be fitted with Trackers - a foolproof immobiliser is no longer enough.

Commiserations Bud.

Seano
By NyseriA
sjw wrote:
NyseriA wrote:Agreed, I am not sure where the resources would be best directed but there must be intel on these chaps somewhere.
Must be. Sting operations? Did the use of rat traps ever fall foul of the courts?
I think they are coming back in fashion - decoy cars and houses etc. I am not arsed, I just want to catch some of the flip. :)
By sjw
NyseriA wrote:I am not arsed, I just want to catch some of the flip. :)
Not surprised, after you've been done yourself.

This Time It's Personal :lol:
By NyseriA
I used to keep thinking that I might lose my freedom if I do catch some carjackers/burglars/robbers, but having caught robbers and burglars before your professional mode takes over and you just restrain them rather than battering seven shades out of them.

If they were upstairs in my house though, that, good sir, is another matter ^_^
By algreene
NyseriA wrote:I used to keep thinking that I might lose my freedom if I do catch some carjackers/burglars/robbers, but having caught robbers and burglars before your professional mode takes over and you just restrain them rather than battering seven shades out of them.

Damn right.

Hard luck on anyone whos in my house. Nearly caught someone in next doors house last year.. He doesnt know how lucky he was that he got out the window!!
By dandemoraliser
Always a good idea to go for a drive and have a look nowadays, often people steal cars then leave them a couple of miles away parked for couple of days to make sure there is no tracker installed then come back after this time and use the car...happened to someone on here, and they found it in a housing estate, and just stole it back!

Anyway glad to see all family were ok if a little shaken by the ordeal
By steve_1103
NyseriA wrote:I used to keep thinking that I might lose my freedom if I do catch some carjackers/burglars/robbers, but having caught robbers and burglars before your professional mode takes over and you just restrain them rather than battering seven shades out of them.

Also totally agree with this ,glad your ok mate, you with out a doubt done the right thing, you know it makes you wonder how we can stop this sort of crime?perhaps start keeping guns like the yanks?? but then general gun crime creeps up, or how about getting a rottwieller?but then innocent young children may get hurt, i dunno what the answer is :cry:
By NyseriA
Dogs are useful, but only as a noise issue. If 5 lads want your car, do you think a mean staffy is going to keep them at bay? It's a piece of piss to disable a dog, unless it's a trained guard dog and not really one to keep at home then!

Guns are certainly not the answer, unless you want a massive increase in shootings.
By sjw
Although, the one time that my parents had their house broken into by scumbag kids after my car keys was during the one four or five month period in the last 20 years when they didn't own a BFO German Shepherd dog... Not entirely coincidental, I don't think :wink:

Although they've moved out of the area to somewhere much safer, they now have an absolutely fecking huge, all black, long haired male GSD. Looks like a wolf. Good natured, but would seriously attack a home invader. I've heard him crunch raw bones thicker than most people have in their forearms. While it's true that a dog can be dealt with, given the choice of a house with a 7 stone German Shepherd or one without, it's a no-brainer for the scum.
By Sopfifa
Gringo'd due to dodgy link.

Spammer!
By deek72
Hi all. Just a quick update. The car never turned up. It's 5 weeks now. Like the police said, its probably still locked up somewhere, unable to be driven without any keys.
Phoned the insurance people last Friday to remind them that its 28 days gone now and its time for them to start sorting out. Told them that I don't want a replacement as the wife is too nervous to have another type r here for fear of it happening again. They said they'll get someone to contact me to discuss it.
Anyway, in the meantime I've gone and put a deposit on a Fabia vRS Special Edition. Looks a nice car with the leather etc, and as a bonus I should get some real MPG, and a few grand in the bank! And hopefully, the Skoda badge might persuade the scum to let me keep this one myself eh?
I'll let you know what happens.
Regards everyone,
Deek.
By FireBIade2
damn thats a sad end to this one, the fabia is quite a good car so should be reliable & well built. I suspect your type-r was stripped down for parts (eBay??) or they may have had a method to get keys for it. Must have been scary experience though, once something like that happens your priorties in life change a bit. Would be odd if the car shows up like 2 years later untouched...you never know it may happen.
Hi all. Possible final update. Spoke to the insurance company today and they said I could have a replacement vehicle (quoted me 12-18 wks delivery) or a cash settlement at 'market value'. I asked what that would be. They said they had another firm sort that out for them. The other firm contacted me later (ETWB I think) and said they would offer me £17,650. When I said I couldn't buy the same car for that amount he went through the figures. He said that they had deducted £200 for the road tax as I could reclaim that from DVLA. Less another £100 for my excess. I didn't think that was TOO bad really. After thinking about having to wait at least 12 for a replacement I was just about to say OK when he said 'the offer is a little 'tweakable'. I culdn't believe my luck!
Anyway the final figure is £18,000 less £100 excess. So when I get my tax back (about £150) it'll work out to about £18,100 (I think!), better than being another 3 months with no car.
So that's it. All over. Shite experience I hope I never have to go through again. My new Skoda vRS SE is due anytime now so hopefully it'll all be sorted soon.
I'll still pop my head in now and then to see if FN2 and EP3'ers are still bickering!
Derek.
By speedy_gonzales
In response to post by steve_1103

>You know it makes you wonder how we can stop this sort of crime? Perhaps start keeping guns like the yanks?? But then general gun crime creeps up..

I have an FN2 on order and this intrigues me as I am a firearm and shotgun owner. My gun safe is in the bedroom, and if someone tried to get upstairs to me and my GF I would not hesitate putting a shotgun shell (or three) up their arse...

What are the rules on this kind of thing, I mean does anyone remember that farmer who got jailed for defending himself a few years back (admittedly shot one in the back)?

Im not promoting gun crime, far from it, but as a legal gun owner I not only have to think about my car, but the safety of my guns too... I guess I should speak to the firearms departmrnt about this?

What are your thoughts? :stfu:
By bigbenson

you a pc :lol: need advice,is it ok to slaughter someone whos come up stairs in ya house, uninvited obviously :lol:
By BLINGSTER
bigbenson wrote:

you a pc :lol: need advice,is it ok to slaughter someone whos come up stairs in ya house, uninvited obviously :lol:
Unfortunatly the all to professional mode comes over me too. Likewise, uninvited and they are getting my good old USA Baseball bat wrapped around their chops if they dare enter my abode when im in. :boxing:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]