The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Know of a stolen car? Post the details here and lets find it!
By deek72
Depending wether I end up with it back or a new one, I'm going have to look at getting a tracker fitted. If it's got one and it's advertised on the car, then I suppose it must lessen the risk of this happening. At least they will know that it can be easily traced. As it is now, if they can get away and hide it somewhere, there's a chance of it never being found.
By Draavig
Thats horrible.. feel for you mate! And I agree there is nothing you could have done! Such is the way of things today that even if you did take a baseball bat to them and had seen them off... chances are they would come back to get even... and you would now be looking over your back everywhere you went.... thats no way to live!

Need some sort of new home security system with 10,000 volt tazer guns mounted over the front and the back of the house to deal with the increase in scum..... but nooo the liberals will say it breaches human rights or something..!! :evil:
By awesome
deek72 wrote:Glen: I was thinkin the same thing. Like there are way faster cars out there ( Im right aren't I EP3 owners! he he!)
Glad to see you havent lost your sense of humour :D
By spsducati
Sorry to hear about that - v. bad. You never advertise that a tracker is fitted or they will go find it and rip it out. I'll have to think about one and a type S badge!!
By hammer7128
totally gutted for you, this type of attention is very worrying on the fn2s
By sajon44
like they say its only a car...mmmmm...but i would have done exactly the same family more important...but would've let my dogs argue with them first the scum bas~ards...feel for you mate.
By stevewells1
Did right thing. Shame you aint got any dogs as you could of let them chew there arms off. On the tracker issue i dont see the point as if some little fcukers nicked mine i wouldnt want it back, plus got gap insurance on mine so would get all me money back :D
By Kap01
I onestly feel these cars are on order... i reckon they get shipped to countries with no a laws. Why would you run such a risk for a £20k car when you could have a £30k car £50k car.... £100k car ! Doesnt make sence... MANCHESTER AGAIN im sick of it. I got my car broken into this week. This city needs cleaning up. I agree its only a car give them the keys and let it go... :?
By Kap01
Where abouts in Manchester you from?
By FireBIade2
I would say the Type-R is a target because it's fast and relatively cheap, to put this another way a Porsche or Ferrari driver will most likely have had a tracker fitted & have upgraded home security i.e. cameras, safe, re-enforced front door. Plus these high end sports cars stick out like a sore thumb where as a civic with a bit of body kit in a glance would not. You don't normally see Porsche or Ferrari drivers hooning it on the roads where as a Type-R speeding would be less unusual & probably just put down to boy racers.

I would imagine like the police say it will be used in a local robbery as a get away vehicle because they are less noticable than a Porsche or Ferrari waiting on a road somewhere. The only reason I can think for cleaning the cars is to remove evidence as mentioned and keep it in the local area for another hit if necessary at a later date??

Deffinately everyone in the manchester area should get a tracker fitted!
By rico83
Holy sh-t :shock:

Just read this, gutted for you mate!

You did the right thing by giving them your keys, I know it's what I would do in that situation!

Hopefully you get it all sorted soon mate!
By deek72
Police called me last night asking me to describe my keys. He said that they had arrested 2 blokes wtih them. He said they had gone to see someone who they thought may have been involved, and foud the keys in the house. He said they were just about to interview them.
No sign of the car though.
I guess that without the car they could just say thhat they had found the keys and how could you prove otherwise?
Thats the last I heard.
By seano
Feel for you mate, glad that you and your family are OK. Sounds like the same sort of deal that happened to me 3 weeks ago see http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=130859

I hope it is the same gang they're really need locking up - aggravated burglary, robbery on the building society and running over innocent pedestrians. a serious stretch is required for these very dangerous people (I would apply said stretch to their necks).

Greater Manchester detectives are more like the Keystone Cops absolutely farcical. Someone called in for a PNC check on my car half an hour after it was stolen, but they can't find the officer concerned to find out where they saw the car! They keep appealing for witnesses stating that my car was stolen the day before the robbery, when it was stolen 58 hours before - and I don't believe it turned invisible. Or when I pointed out that the car was running on fumes and that the thieves had put £20 quids worth of juice in and that they should check the local garages CCTV, they came back with the ludicrous theory that the robbers filled it from cans - yeah right. (Cheshire police checked the Cheshire garages).

Seano
By sjw
deek72 wrote:I guess that without the car they could just say thhat they had found the keys and how could you prove otherwise?
Bamboo splinters and jump leads. Though I think that might be frowned upon these days, more's the pity.
By sjw
FireBIade2 wrote:I would say the Type-R is a target because it's fast and relatively cheap
Fast, relatively anonymous, lots of luggage space for stolen goods.
By FireBIade2
sjw wrote:
FireBIade2 wrote:I would say the Type-R is a target because it's fast and relatively cheap
Fast, relatively anonymous, lots of luggage space for stolen goods.
Yeah & it can seat 4 thugs instead of 2..
By CLB
Manchester, Manchester, Manchester.

Very sorry to hear of your experience, it seems you really can't own a fairly quick motor in and around the great manchester area. As per what the copper said, expect it to be used as a getaway car in the next couple of days.
By Cat
Scary stuff indeed!!! :shock:
By NyseriA
sjw wrote:That's terrible. There was a lot of this with the old model, looks as if the scum like the new one too :cry: You did absolutely the right thing, however much it might dent your pride. It's time that home invasion crimes like this were given a higher profile, with serious police resources put into investigation and severe sentencing for the scum involved. People should be able to feel safe in their own homes.
Agreed, I am not sure where the resources would be best directed but there must be intel on these lady garden somewhere.
Moral of the story? If you're unfortunate enough to encounter this, just give them the keys as soon as you can, and minimize any damage to you, your family and your home.
Very true, but it doesn't make you feel better does it :evil:
By sjw
NyseriA wrote:Agreed, I am not sure where the resources would be best directed but there must be intel on these chaps somewhere.
Must be. Sting operations? Did the use of rat traps ever fall foul of the courts?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]