The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Know of a stolen car? Post the details here and lets find it!
Just had my civic stolen today between 8am and 1pm from hockley, birmingham. It was parked up, locked, alarmed and now its just GONE!!! Reg BD52 YEV, i doubt it will still be furnishing this plate by now but if anyone in brum (or any where else by now), has any info it would be much appreciated. There's some real scum out there aint there
By ShaunCTR
Hi Mate,
Really Sorry to hear this, hope somethings gets sorted.
Good Luck.
By leonfocus
Not another one from b'ham :sad: Did they take ur keys mate?? Cos I dont think the CTR is easy to drive away without the keys as the Honda alarm and immob is pretty good!

Unless they towed it away :cry:
By qwertyuioppp
I still have both sets of keys, im, guessing they're the only ones, so whoever got into it must have used some other method. I know people say they're really hard to have away without keys so I'm completely stumped.... broad daylight, no glass on the floor around where it happened...just an empty parking space. Gutted :(
By leonfocus
Was it parked in a public place? car park etc? Or on ur drive or off the road by your house? This is really poo mate, I'm going thru the stupid amounts of posts about stolen CTRs in bham and manc.. its crazy!

I think I will def get a tracker, dislock and blackjac !!!
By qwertyuioppp
It was parked outside where i work: public place loads of informal surveillance....the person who took this must have had no shame. I'm still in shock...
By DirtyTypeR
no cctv? did you have a tracker in it??? might have been low loadered?
By qwertyuioppp
no cctv that i'm aware of, i'm beginning to agree; it must have picked up and carried off on something where they could take a bit of time to overcome all the security features
By Motor Guard
Really sorry to hear mate. Not far from where we are based in Brum.
By MadMaxCTR
Mate hope you get it sorted. Mine got nicked from Acocks Green, B'ham about a month ago. Luckily i found it my self by Sheldon/Hobbs Moat parked at a block of flats.

I know how your feeling, it broke my heart. :sad: :sad:
By MadMaxCTR
Mate hope you get it sorted. Mine got nicked from Acocks Green, B'ham about a month ago. Luckily i found it my self by Sheldon/Hobbs Moat parked at a block of flats.

By DirtyTypeR
MadMaxCTR wrote:Mate hope you get it sorted. Mine got nicked from Acocks Green, B'ham about a month ago. Luckily i found it my self by Sheldon/Hobbs Moat parked at a block of flats.

how was it stolen?? keys? low loader? what did u do when u found it?
By qwertyuioppp
Thanks for the sympathy guys...car hasn't shown up yet. I'm guessing that it must have just been picked up and carried away on a flat bed / low loader or something. I had both sets of keys and it was locked / alarmed so there doesn't seem to be any other explanation...short of an alien abduction : (

It was parked out on the road, clearly visable from several directions... Cos I was in all day parking space they may have assumed I wouldn't return to the car til after working hours so knew they had plenty of time; then, bold as brass just lifted it up and drove away. The thing is, when you see a car being lifted up like that you guess its for a parking / car tax violation or summin and don't question it. In future I might pay a bit more attention. I read another thread in the insurance forum saying this was happenin a lot down London way these days.

The most irritating thing for me is that stop/locks, blackjax, alarm, immobilisers are all useless against this sort of thing; once they've got the car hidden away somewhere and the heat is off they've got all the time in the world to get past any security features. the only hope is a tracker but even then, the people stealing these things must know what they're doing so they'll could probably trace em back from the battery within a few hours...what do you do?????

Still, we can't let em win. The ones that get caught should have their hands and testicles chopped off. they might think twice then
By Motor Guard
tracker has its own internal battery. Trust me they are very useful. If a tracker is fitted properly it will take someone quite a while to find it.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]