The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Know of a stolen car? Post the details here and lets find it!
By Epiphany
fowler wrote:Elvetham Heath is a nice area. Couple of years back when I was at college, we were given some facts regarding earnings in the UK and the Elvetham Heath area was the highest earning postcode! Thing is, that makes it a target and Fleet is very close to places like Aldershot. When they were developing it, I heard they were contemplating putting CCTV everywhere but decided against it because of a) obviously the cost but b) the area was thought of as a nice community. I used to work part time at the Morrsions supermarket (formaly Safeway) and you use to get a little bit of trouble now and again but mainly from d****** 14 year olds. However like I said, generally Fleet is a decent place (there are a few dodgy people) but its only a 5/10 minute drive from neighbouring 'less advantaged' towns.
Anyway mate, hope the insurance peeps don't act like tw@ts. Hope it goes as smoothly as possible for you mate.
Exactly :(

Aldershot is a sh-t hole, Farnbrough isn't much better.

Its unlikely they would have been local anyway. Did you notice being followed at anypoint? (obviously you didn't as it would have clicked but do you remember any cars hanging about?)
By shadowpuma
Well there is good and bad news. The good news is that the Thames Valley Police have found and recovered my car. The bad news is that it was burnt out. I have to call the garage where it's being stored at tomorrow and hopefully they will give me more information.

All I hope now is that the insurance company stay on track with being helpful and informative and process my claim so I can get another CTR. I've learnt my lesson this time sand will definetly be investing in a tracker sytem for the car and an alarm system for my house.
By MadMaxCTR
BlackJax is a very good alternative to a tracker.

I had it fitted after my little theft incident.
By ryushi
Gutted for you mate, what a waste to burn the car out too, just shows that it was just a pointless "bit of fun" to nick your pride and joy, you could almost understand it if they had tried to sell it on to make some money but to burn it out too, scum!

To help in the future and maybe any other people reading I would reccomend not leaving your car keys downstairs, I personaly keep my key on me at all times in my trouser pocket, when I go to bed the keys go in my bedside cabinet or stay in my trousers in the wardrobe - I keep my spare keys and documents in a safe in the wadrobe (just a cheap £20 one but it does the job)

Also go for an alarm - Wickes/homebase do cheap DIY ones that are pretty good, I got one after my neighbours place was burgled, you never think it will in your street, it was a good wakeup call for me!

Many cars are stolen by burglers nicking keys now as it's the easiest way.
By Motor Guard
MadMaxCTR wrote:BlackJax is a very good alternative to a tracker.

I had it fitted after my little theft incident.
We put Blackjax on all our own vehicles before we add any other form of security
By MadMaxCTR
I'll add that Motorguard fitted mine. Couldn't fault the job.

Free plug.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]