The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Tips for getting that Show Car shine.
By Beck
Hi. Can anyone advise me on a good meguirs starter kit? I checked their site but wasnt sure bout it all really. At the min ive jus done a quick rinse wash wax with autoglm stuff but most of you on here seem to recommend megs. An id love somethin to bring the tyres up a treat, as they look a bit yuk. (only had the car a while)

Cheers :-D
By Graham1
Hey Beck

You should have a look at Detailing World its a car care forum, you can view all the posts without registering, go to the Help Section and have a scout around there see what people recomend for a starting kit, i'd personally suggest

2 Buckets with at least 1 Grit Guard,
Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo or Meguiars NXT Car Wash,
Meguiars Lambs Wool Wash Mitt
Polish id have a look on detailing world or ask around but then its down to personal preferance and what look you want
Wax i'd probs go for Zymol Japon Wax, which is made for the soft paint on japanese cars, but yet again its down to peferance, and theres a tonne of waxes, best to look on detailing world see what they recommend,
for tyres you'd probs be looking for "Meguiars Endurance High Gloss Tyre Gel"

then once youve got all that down you can start getting swirl remover, a foam lance, detailing clay etc theres plenty of how to guides on Detailing World (i'm not plugging this site lol its a brilliant refrence and help site for keeping you car in top notch condition) :thumbup:
By Beck
djgraham20354 wrote:Hey Beck

You should have a look at Detailing World its a car care forum, you can view all the posts without registering, go to the Help Section and have a scout around there see what people recomend for a starting kit, i'd personally suggest

2 Buckets with at least 1 Grit Guard,
Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo or Meguiars NXT Car Wash,
Meguiars Lambs Wool Wash Mitt
Polish id have a look on detailing world or ask around but then its down to personal preferance and what look you want
Wax i'd probs go for Zymol Japon Wax, which is made for the soft paint on japanese cars, but yet again its down to peferance, and theres a tonne of waxes, best to look on detailing world see what they recommend,
for tyres you'd probs be looking for "Meguiars Endurance High Gloss Tyre Gel"

then once youve got all that down you can start getting swirl remover, a foam lance, detailing clay etc theres plenty of how to guides on Detailing World (i'm not plugging this site lol its a brilliant refrence and help site for keeping you car in top notch condition) :thumbup:

Thank you very much i'll check it out asap. :thumbup:
By Beck
Hi, do i still need to be getting two of everything? Compiled a lil list just need an idea of how much it'll cost me?
Thanks
By Graham1
no problemo
Beck wrote:Hi, do i still need to be getting two of everything? Compiled a lil list just need an idea of how much it'll cost me?
Thanks
well 2 Buckets with 2 Grit Guards would be ideal, but the shampoo will last about a year or more depending on use and how many cars you wash

the wax looking at about 1 to 2 years per tub, if used on one car, and you should only wax every 3 months or so

Polish i would assume would last you about a year or so depending on car size no of cars and the size of the tub lol

the best tip i can give is to do what i did, and dont buy it all at once, Theres no point in spending a fortune from the get go, because you'll want to use it all at once and theres nothing worse than damaging the paintwork, as cosmetic damage costs more to fix than everything else

Month 1: 2 Buckets + at least 1 grit guard, Wash Mitt, Shampoo, Tyre Gel,
Month 2: Wax, Polish, Megs Metal Polish (make the exhaust Shinny)
Month 3: Detailing Clay, Swiril Remover ad so on

this is just a basic idea, DW will be able to show you how to use the detailing clay etc and give advice on what products to use for the wheels etc

and you dont need 2 sampoo or wax, the buckets i would say is all you need 2 of, oh and buy a wheel cleaning brush, so you dont scratch the paintwork with brake dust etc
By Beck
Well i think ive got plenty of buckets, so probly jus need the grit gurad an the rest of month 1 stuff.
Cheers mate, looking at it all i felt a lil lost, and i quite enjoy cleaning my car, an like you said didn't wanna go overboard n damage the paintwork, just needed a lil advice.
:-D :-D
By Beck
Right now that thats sorted, can i have:
a grit guard
lambs wool mit
gold class shampoo
tyre gel
and a wheel cleaning brush

Cheers :thumbup:
By Graham1
Beck wrote:Well i think ive got plenty of buckets, so probly jus need the grit gurad an the rest of month 1 stuff.
Cheers mate, looking at it all i felt a lil lost, and i quite enjoy cleaning my car, an like you said didn't wanna go overboard n damage the paintwork, just needed a lil advice.
:-D :-D
no problemo, i was lost as well when i started washing the cars in my house lol,
By Beck
Cheers guys.
Roughly eight hours later, and my car looks awesome, inside and out. :thumbup:
By Graham1
robc1985 wrote:I'm interested in this stuff. Please can someone pm me. Ta

pm Dalco type R, with what you want and he'll let you know availablity and your Price

Orders under £50 = 20% off
Orders over £50 = 25% off.

i believe are the discount rates
By eamonns
hi, iv a good bit of stuff to get cause im only startin out, so i was wonderin if u give me a price for this stuff & the delivery charge to dublin aswell please. i need:
A7301 Luxurious Lambs Wool Wash Mitt X 2
X3002 Super Thick Microfibre Wash Mitt X 2
MX3015 Microfibre Wash Mitt with Scrubber
G7164 Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo and Conditioner
X2000 Water Magnet Drying Towel
A3016 STEP 1 - Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner
A2116 STEP 2 – Deep Crystal Polish
A2216 STEP 3 - Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax
G13324 NXT Glass Cleaner
MX2065 Glass Duo Fibre Towel
thanks
By galps
Do Meguiares still do the big bag full of stuff..? Had wash, wax, clay,alloy cleaner, window wash, few mits etc....i bought one a year years back but its all gone now and i aint been able to find it in the shops.. Think it was about £50.
If they do, i'd definitely be interested.

Cheers
By getthewheelsinl
Hello,

Do you still offer the discount?

Looking at getting the meguiares G220 polishing machine kit that comes with:
1 x Meguiars #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish,
1 x Meguiars #80 Speed Glaze,
1 x Meguiars 7" Cutting Pad,
1 x Meguiars 7" Polishing Pad,
1 x Meguiars 7" Finishing Pad

Can you please advise cost via PM?
Thanks in advance,