The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Tips for getting that Show Car shine.
By WoodyzR
Hi all, touched on this in the FK2 section, thought I would see if anyone has had this applied or knows much about it.

I have an FK2, owned since February, we all know what modern paint is like these days - rivals Crayola. I picked up a small chip on the bonnet within a week and have a couple on the splitter and the rear arches, and I barely do over 40mph on my daily drive due to traffic to work and back and I cover 100 miles a week. I never tailgate, always hang well back from the car in front when on the bypass etc, other FK2 owners confirm the same problems and much worse in regards to stone chips - especially the front tyres throwing stones down the car into the rear arches.

I have had various quotes on stone protection film, varying in price massively, a local vinyl / wrapping place to me had quoted £300 for the front end, partial bonnet, side skirts and rear arches. They are very well know around the area and have a great portfolio on the website and I have seen their work on a guys car down the road (various show cars - covered in decals / wraps etc)

Another company whom are a 3M recommend installer has quoted more like £750 - £850 for the same application and others quote between £1500 - £2500.

My questions are does anyone know why the varying costs, have people had it done to their cars? How invisible is it? Especially on the edges?

Cheers Simon
By Jaymon
Ive been looking into this myself. Ive read varying reviews around the web, have a search on Detailing World. With wrapping you will always get what you pay for. Ive seen some cheap wraps look great until they start to peel back. Ive even seen some great wraps that appear on the outside perfdct until its time to remove them and the paintwork has been keyed with scalpel marks! If you like your paintwork and want a great, longlasting job stump up the cash.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]