The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Tips for getting that Show Car shine.
By Type R magic
Hey fellas, I'm going to detail my NHB EP3 soon and just need to confirm if I have the right/good stuff?

1. BiltHamber clay
2. Gtechniq P1 - compound polish
3. Poorboys Black hole - glaze
4. Chemical Guys Jetseal 109 - sealant
5. Meguiars Ultimate liquid wax

Will these products work well with one another? Any tips?
I will be doing by hand.

Cheers
By JawsEP3
Looks good, only thing I would swap out would be the liquid wax. Have you ever tried a hard wax? Something like Collinite 476s is perfect and very hard wearing for this time of year.
By SurreyEP3
I have a nhb ep3 and I've recently corrected my paint work with the following (see my build thread page 10)

3m extra fine on a white hexlogic pad to correct
Menzerna sf4000 on a black menzerna finishing pad to refine
Jet seal 109 on a black 3M finishing pad
collinite 476 by a hand appicator
Glass sealed with jet seal 109 & rain X on the windscreen

A lot of products are full of fillers and after a few washes they break down and the swirls and scratches will reappear. I have poorboys black hole and it's great for a quick detail but not for permenant work/correction. Before moving on to the next step when correcting/detailing wipe the car down with isopropyl alcohol (IPA) as it removes all the oils and fillers in polishes etc and leaves you with naked paint work which will show how well you've corrected the paint, also when your happy with your result wipe it down again because you need clean residue free panels when applying sealant/wax as it will bond with the paintwork exactly as it should. Otherwise you wil apply product on top of product and it won't last as long . You want the most longevity out of the sealant and wax combo to keep your newly corrected paint protected as much as possible. I detailed my misses Mini Cooper march last year (see my build thread page 3) and it still beeds, obviously not like when it was first done but it's a brilliant combo.

Just my 2 pennies worth, happy detailin 8-)

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]