The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Tips for getting that Show Car shine.
By millhouse01
Hey guys
Was just wondering if anybody can recommend a good power washer that's not going to cost a fortune? Don't know if this info matters but is there any in particular that are best for snow foaming?

Cheers
By Kieran_CTR
I have just bought a Karcher K2 from Argos for £106.99 & u get loads of accessories with it but not sure if that offer is still on now, then I bought a Karcher lancer off eBay to use for snow foam as it won't work without that & it's awesome! Snow foam I use is pro-kleen which works great too! Really thick snow foam! Just found the offer on eBay which is only £2 more which is a bargain IMO

This is it mate

This is the lancer u need

This is a snow foam offer what I got

Feel free to like this post :wink:
By parsimony
What's your definition of a fortune?
I'd recommend Nilfisk over Karcher any day.
By dnz 21
Nilfisk C120 is spot on and ideal for home use. Can get them for around £100 with some accessories from the usual places but with it being bank holiday weekend there will be deals on so will probably get it a little cheaper. Add a foam lance like above and some decent snow foam and that's all you need

Or just get a pump sprayer and some pre wash and save buying a foam lance and snow foam
By Norv
There was a good deal on nilfisk as an Amazon lightening deal. 90 (which was a good price) to 74. Think it was the c120 or 125. Even at 90 it's a good deal. Might be Worth investing in a proper braided hose which is longer than the standard plastic type. Can't remember the place to get the hose now though...
By dnz 21
I got my hose from Direct Hoses. I had a Nilfisk 110 at the time and the hose nearly cost more than the actual machine :rotflmao:

It's lasted for years though would defo recommend getting one saves messing about moving the pressure washer around
By grubdip
I can't really give you any feedback on brand comparisons as all I've ever had is Karcher, but I started with the most basic unit and used that for many, many years until the motor packed in. I then treated myself to the Karcher K4 EcoLogic (130 bar water cooled unit). Amazon have it for around £200. Simply put it's a good pressure washer (I use it for other heavy duty chores around our house, so it's fitting for what it is) and comes with an eco switch which claims to use 20% less water. With this setting there's also a slight reduction in pressure output, too which is nice for when washing the more delicate areas of my car (wheel wells, undercarriage, sills, windscreen airscoop and wipers etc). I didn't think I'd use it at first, but its proven pretty useful.

It comes with a few accessories for patio cleaning, too but you can buy the unit without these. Geared more towards patio cleaning, you get a "dirt blaster" lance with it which basically has a rotating nozzle inside that increases cleaning power - really useful for obliterating grime from heavily dirty wheels.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/K%C3%A4rcher-Pr ... B009QX8B9Y
By Burn!Motorsport
Just got a Karcher k4 compact at a bargain price in a closing down sale. Went to the trouble of getting a snow foam lance to see what all the fuss was all about. Load of codswallop! Should have saved myself a few quid and the time and just given the car the usual blast then bucket wash. OR am I just doing it wrong?
By EvoStu
Burn!Motorsport wrote:Just got a Karcher k4 compact at a bargain price in a closing down sale. Went to the trouble of getting a snow foam lance to see what all the fuss was all about. Load of codswallop! Should have saved myself a few quid and the time and just given the car the usual blast then bucket wash. OR am I just doing it wrong?
Blast first, then snowfoam. Works a treat on ours.
By *nub*
Do they sell any pressure washers that don't work from the mains? like you can connect to a water butt or something?
By mjhamilton
EvoStu wrote:
Burn!Motorsport wrote:Just got a Karcher k4 compact at a bargain price in a closing down sale. Went to the trouble of getting a snow foam lance to see what all the fuss was all about. Load of codswallop! Should have saved myself a few quid and the time and just given the car the usual blast then bucket wash. OR am I just doing it wrong?
Blast first, then snowfoam. Works a treat on ours.
halfords are doing 3 for 2 so I bought a karcher foam lance plus 2 x 5ltr bottles of AG pressure washer soap - so basically got the second bottle for free

As per Stu - blast all the crud off first and the snow foam and leave for a bit - then blast off again

I works if the car is dusty or has light soiling but is there is greasy residue or oil deposits you may also need a run around with bucket as well
By EvoStu
Not looking forward to tonight if this supposed African blood rain makes an appearance. Thank Christ the CW is still in storage otherwise it may well turn milano pink overnight.
By mjhamilton
EvoStu wrote:Not looking forward to tonight if this supposed African blood rain makes an appearance. Thank Christ the CW is still in storage otherwise it may well turn milano pink overnight.
I cleaned mine on Saturday and then this rain hit - now it looks like it has been driven through a desert :(
By EvoStu
mjhamilton wrote:
EvoStu wrote:Not looking forward to tonight if this supposed African blood rain makes an appearance. Thank Christ the CW is still in storage otherwise it may well turn milano pink overnight.
I cleaned mine on Saturday and then this rain hit - now it looks like it has been driven through a desert :(
North just got normal rain thank feck.
By mjhamilton
EvoStu wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:
North just got normal rain thank feck.

we didn't get that really bad stuff but it was enough to make me think I shouldn't have bothered

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]