The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Tips for getting that Show Car shine.
By Kieran_CTR
Now I have ordered a jap rear plate 13x6.5 & removed my old plate & have these rust marks where the old screw holes was, anyone got any ideas what I can use to get rid of these as they will show with my smaller size plate on the car, I know sanding it will be probably the way to go but just wondering if anyone has any ideas or any car care products [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Thanks in advance
By Lewisgame
Needs rubbing down first to see what the real damage is. The second picture, the big spot looks pretty bad. It'll probably need cutting out and a new plate welded in place. The others could probably be treated and painted. Easiest option is to apply rust treatment to stop it spreading and put a normal sized number plate back on to cover it. Or find a good second hand tailgate that someone hasn't drilled into.
By Kieran_CTR
Lewisgame wrote:Needs rubbing down first to see what the real damage is. The second picture, the big spot looks pretty bad. It'll probably need cutting out and a new plate welded in place. The others could probably be treated and painted. Easiest option is to apply rust treatment to stop it spreading and put a normal sized number plate back on to cover it. Or find a good second hand tailgate that someone hasn't drilled into.
Thanks for the reply Lewis, my mate who owns a body shop is going to sort it for me which will be cheaper than buying a new a tailgate as myste does it all at cost for me :-D
By mjhamilton
Love the way some spanner monkey drilled the metal to fit the plate when there are already visible nylon captive nuts already there ready for the job
By Kieran_CTR
mjhamilton wrote:Love the way some spanner monkey drilled the metal to fit the plate when there are already visible nylon captive nuts already there ready for the job
I know I thought the exact same thing! Can't believe they drilled the metal when they are already the captive nuts there to use :scratch: :lol:
By Lewisgame
Chances are the plastic screws snapped off inside the captive nut. Instead of drilling the plastic out, they just went trigger happy in the tailgate. They could of just used double sided tape :lol:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]