The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Tips for getting that Show Car shine.
By HWA0001
Been reading about Tardis, anyone used it? Safe enough and assume you use after washing and before claying?
By dnz 21
Makes claying a lot easier if your using Tardis
By HWA0001
markl wrote:Decent stuff!

Rinse, clay then polish after.
Cheers for the responses, would you use Iron X after rinses and before claying?
By HWA0001
epchop wrote:Yes wash, iron x then clay
So, Wash, Dry, Tardis, Rinse, Iron X, Rinse, Clay, Polish, Wax is the plan

One final question, do you wash after claying before polishing?
By HWA0001
integraleo wrote:Yes to remove any clay residue.
Thanks, some purchasing is in order and I think the Easter weekend will be the day to do all of the above.
By Wingnuttzz
Personally I'd fully wash and dry the car again after claying it to get the rid of the clay residue. Then you can polish the car on perfectly clean paintwork
By jonezy
Think it says on the tin to keep tardis away from rubber and plastics. Sort of marks them. Painted plastic is fine
By jonezy
Can you just spray this all the way up side of your car avoiding plastics etc and then just rub it off? Tryed to use it sparingly and target individual spots but they seem to just keep breeding.

Any harm to just covering it
By epchop
You only need to spray it on the tar spots. Use clay and a fallout spray for the rest of the car
By HWA0001
Finally got round to using tardis yesterday, brillant stuff, although I found that leaving it for 60 secs was too long. Done the following: -

Wash (Meguiar's Gold Class Car Shampoo, 2 bucket method), Dry, Autosmart Tardis, Rinse, Iron X (Car Pro), Rinse, Clay (Bilt Hamber Soft) , Wash, Polish (G Techniq P1), Wax (Autoglym HD Wax).

Car looks amazing only let down by white water marks still lying on my bonnet and wing, despite doing all of the above is there a way of fixing this, any tips?
By HWA0001
smartie wrote:Shouldn't be water marks if you are drying it properly?
I always ensure I dry it properly, its been a hangover from the end of last year.
By darren4
Try some quick detailer to get rid of the water marks [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]