The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Tips for getting that Show Car shine.
By Ares1984
:eek: :eek:

So as titled I had a small nightmare! My front brake discs and pads have had it. but still being forced to use the car on a daily basis and dragging my heels on buying new ones they have got to the stage where they've plastered my front wheels in metal filings. following this they have got hot and wet and become cooked on.

I'd resigned myself to the fact id have to have them resprayed again, but feeling up for a fight today i tackled the impossible. I only took on before shot as i really didn't expect good results.

Before...

At this point you can see that due to the rain the metal filings have started to rust. The first stage was to generally try to clean which i did with 1/1 dilution on billberry wheel cleaner.this was Followed by a good rinse and dose of iron x.

So after I left it for a 5 mins I agitated with a one inch bush and rinsed..

After a further two applications and the use of some wheel brushes things were starting to look better..

at this point theres still a lot of work involved. But ive lost the day light so moved in doors.

Much to my horror I noticed that I must have caught a curb at somepoint :cry: So while i cant carry on decontaminating I had a pop at repairing the chip.

Finally tonight i wet sanded the inner wheel, to remove the surface rust from contact with the disc..

I spent this afternoon cracking on with this and I've got the job done. taken close to 6 hours to get to this stage. but been well worth it. Heres the finished article! thanks for looking.

Oh almost forgot, heres the chip i repaired

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]