The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Tips for getting that Show Car shine.
By mattyc19991
OK so basically my intake manifold has loads of black spots/marks on it which will not shift, I'm assuming its grease and other bits of dirt build up. Ive tried pretty much everything I can think of but nothing seems to work! :bad-words: :bad-words:
If anybody has any tips which would help that would be great :-D

P.S would have uploaded a picture but i couldn't see a add attachment option :scratch:
By integraleo
If it bothers you that much how about taking it off and pressure wash it sand blast it paint it black....they always look nice black
By mattyc19991
Lewisgame wrote:I used a nylon wire wheel drill bit.
No i havent yet tried that one, ill give it a go and see what it turns out like, what kind of results did you get after using it?
By Lewisgame
mattyc19991 wrote:
No i havent yet tried that one, ill give it a go and see what it turns out like, what kind of results did you get after using it?
Looked like new after doing it. I brought a PRC inlet and done it off the car before fitting. I kept at it and got a little edge off the rinkle look.
By mattyc19991
Lewisgame wrote:
mattyc19991 wrote:
Looked like new after doing it. I brought a PRC inlet and done it off the car before fitting. I kept at it and got a little edge off the rinkle look.
Ah i'll have to give that a try cheers! :bigthumb:
By mattyc19991
perksy wrote:Alternatively paint it with aluminium paint. Makes it look like clean, fresh, new.... aluminium.

James
If all else fails i might give that a go, cheers

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]