The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Tips for getting that Show Car shine.
By Martin1
Hi all well a couple of days ago I was asked back to jm imports by the owner to detail a Toyota supra he recently brought in from Japan car had just 30,000km on and was just in need of some tlc :) I know it's not a civic but I'm sure you jap fans can appreciate some import metal :)

Anyways onto the detail I didn't take as many pictures this time as the last one used up my full photobucket bandwidth I started off with a full snowfoam using my homemade stuff :) wheels cleaned with homemade stuff also :) car was washed with megs gold class and dried, fully clayed with absolutely nothing to show must have been cleaned before it was shipped

Anyways the paint was looking a little tired slightly grey instead of the deep black lustre which is what we all want :) so after a full check around the car I started weighing up my product and pad options

A few pics of it before
Imagem

As you can see it was just lacking that beautiful shine and depth within the panels, so I opted for a 1 stage machine polish I used a hex logic green pad and instead of my usual megs products I used Sonus sfx2 provides a decent finish while removing swirls ideal for jap paint with the soft clearcoat :) this is what I'm probably best at as I don't get the chance to work on many euro cars so my product list mainly suits jap cars :)

I didn't take many pics of during as I get I just like to get things finished but here's a small section on the rear quarter

After I proceeded all around the car I cleaned up the headlights using fareclas total liquid compound and an orange hex logic pad which made them perfect :) I wasn't entirely satisfied with the glossiness so I put down a nice layer of chemical guys wet mirror finish always a great product for darker cars and then I finished with an lsp to lock in that finish! Anyways here's the final photos from my day :)

Reflections! Love this pic

I've missed a few sections out but I was happy with the results :) the guy who's bought it was really happy too and his other car is a possible detail before next years shows :D shown below

Thanks for looking :) just thought I'd finish this post with a couple of photos of jm imports cars I saw while there it's a drool factory for anyone that loves jap cars :)

Evo 9 wagons

Love this r33

And this r32

35s :) white ones 1300bhp
By Wingnuttzz
Thats how a Supra should look, none of this Fast & Furious stuff. Just a nice set of wheels.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]