The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Tips for getting that Show Car shine.
By lennybubble
Rickz wrote:Price was around £200 iirc, and came out of the body shop after a respray that way lol
So bout 200,,, anyone no anyone west sussex way,, would love get mine done
By lukeyboi89
£200 seems very cheap for a full paint correction, compared to prices around here (cheshire..)

however, it hurts me to pay that amount of money for a one off...

so i looked into doing it myself and you can purchase a das 6 pro dual action machine from clean your car for £100 delivered via detailing world:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... p?t=207877

add another £50 for pads and maybe a bit more for materials, and youve got a set which will last you for ages and should be under the £200 for the one off fee..

havent got around to buying this yet, maybe a xmas present to myself :D

anyone used one of these?
By lukeyboi89
pads ARE replaceable and are under £10 each

i never said it was easy, but there are PLENTY of guides / advice / videos out there so i would have a go after performing lots of research and testing it out first on an older car / mrs car first...
By Ollie milanoctr
I thought the exact same thing as you mate, bought a da polisher thinking i would save some penny's doing it myself. I've used it a handful of times, didn't manage to remove any swirls and tried all sorts followed guides etc... got fed up with trying and probably made more swirls than I started with. Lol ... it really isn't that easy and straight forward, especially with hondas one coat wonder racecar paint. Give it a crack though.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]