The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Tips for getting that Show Car shine.
By Dixy1987
Liam Type-R wrote:Iron X as said, it dissolves the tar, if not the first time then a couple more sprays, it doesn't take much nor does it need scrubbing.
Iron-X removes iron fallout not tar (the clue is in the name) :wink:
By dnz 21
Bilberry to clean them

Tardis to remove the tar

Iron X to remove the iron

IPA for a wipe over to remove oils and other traces

DLUX to seal the wheels then only shampoo and a wash mitt to clean them for the next couple of years
By Liam Type-R
Dixy1987 wrote:
Liam Type-R wrote:Iron X as said, it dissolves the tar, if not the first time then a couple more sprays, it doesn't take much nor does it need scrubbing.
Iron-X removes iron fallout not tar (the clue is in the name) :wink:
Tar-x for the tar, iron-x for the iron. My bad, Should have checked what i said as i have both in the shed as well. :salut:
By shaRRpy
dnz 21 wrote:Bilberry to clean them

Tardis to remove the tar

Iron X to remove the iron

IPA for a wipe over to remove oils and other traces

DLUX to seal the wheels then only shampoo and a wash mitt to clean them for the next couple of years
this seems a good plan but its alot of stuff to buy if your only going to use it every 2 years,cant see you being that keen on clean wheels on your kia picanto when your 90.need to go halves with a mate.
By dnz 21
Its not really that expensive

IPA, Tardis, Bilberry and Iron X will set you back about £50 for the small versions. These are not only just used for wheels either you can do the whole car with the IPA, Tardis and Iron X

DLUX is only about £30 and will last ages on wheels and can also be used on plastics to revive them and seal them

Or if like me you do a couple of cars just buy everything in bulk and save money that way. You would drop dead of a heart attack if you totaled my collection of car cleaning gear up if you think thats expensive :lol:
By shaRRpy
didnt realise you could use some of those products elsewhere but still a fair amount of money,but i know you get what you pay for and like you say not too bad if you clean a few motors,and yeah even my cleaning cupboard would add up to quite a bit,something the mrs dont understand,but dont dare mention her 30 quid pot of face cream lol.
but as for wheels getting dirty if you wash them every week they never get that bad anyway.
By Tim_85
yella wrote:
chris wheela wrote:
CosmicDaveR wrote:Megs hot wheels is good stuff IMHO but its strong and stings your eyes.
How the fk dya get it in your eyes!

Although it is a good strong cleaner

wiping nose, i've done that, or as you work it in witht he brush it can sometimes splash up. If you have a brick drive just pour a bit on it and see how it burns the brick.
Bet you are more careful when you take a piss now though :shock: Lesson learned :bigthumb:
By GreaseLightning
Meg's Hot Rims is okay but for the really caked on stuff it's not strong enough. Meg's Wheel Brightener is excellent.
By Andy-type r
People think because Billberry is not acid it's safe. It's highly alkaline and can damage powder coated wheels in the same way. Why do you think it cleans so well?
By dnz 21
Water it down :salut:
By Edamski
I use bilberry at about a 4-1 dilution and it works a treat for a weekly wash and lasts ages as well 10-1 still works well. Spray on jet wash off. I use car pro dragons breath as well which is the same as iron x but cheaper, good products.
By Ares1984
Iron x all the way. R222 auto wash is also good. seal with gtechniq c5 wheel armour that way you wont have too much trouble keeping them clean

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]