The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Tips for getting that Show Car shine.
By Martin1
Today I had at go of clay barring for the very first time and I'm really really impressed I was skeptical like most before doing it but I'm amazed I opted for the meguiars clay kit from halfords and spent in total around 4 hours from cleaning to claying and polishing anyone thinking about doing it if you have a few hours spare go for it you won't be dissapointed :) here's a couple of mine

Nice work fella first time I did I was amazed
Best steps are
Wash
T&G
Wash
Clay
Wash
Then if you can use a machine polisher this would be nxt step!
Could always go for a da polisher if not confident in using a rotary one!
If doing by hand use a light compound polish
Then a prep polish!
And your choice of waxes or sealants
I find using finish kare 1000p to be fantastic on red cars but it really is down to prep work
And how good you you do it! Must say that looks really good finish also be careful when valuing as you can scraches the paint work top work there fella well done!
By Martin1
Cheers for the comments think I've got a new love for cleaning cars now :) but to all the people scared just aslong as you keep kneading the clay and turning it when it gets dirty you won't damage the paint start with cleaner areas first like roof and bonnet then the rest sideskirts are especially bad as I found out was only getting around a foot before the clay was black just trial and error with cleaning I think and also with the advice from the detailers on here it's not overly difficult I fancy a snow foam lance for my jet wash soon :)

Pic of side skirt clay dirtiness

That's how you can damage the paint
Martin1 wrote:Cheers for the comments think I've got a new love for cleaning cars now :) but to all the people scared just aslong as you keep kneading the clay and turning it when it gets dirty you won't damage the paint start with cleaner areas first like roof and bonnet then the rest sideskirts are especially bad as I found out was only getting around a foot before the clay was black just trial and error with cleaning I think and also with the advice from the detailers on here it's not overly difficult I fancy a snow foam lance for my jet wash soon :)

Pic of side skirt clay dirtiness

That's how you can damage the paint
Think this pic shows how you can reck the paint on the car if you don't keep needing the clay it picks up all the crap up and youll just be dragging it over the paint! Just saying fella im a car valeter/detailer by trade I've seen clay also put flat spots in paint work I've it's a harsh clay!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]