The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Tips for getting that Show Car shine.
By Darlo
Hi guys, had my new FN2 for a couple of days and the dealer gave it the standard crappy valet!

Sorry to sound like a cock but most of my cars have had leather which is easy to keep clean/care so i dont know the best way to clean the red parts of the Type R seats.

The red insert of the seat is grubby compared to the passenger seat. The red material armrest bit of the drivers door is also a little grubby. The Mrs has a steam cleaner and a carpet shampoer (small attachment with it) which i was thinking of using to clean it off!?

What is the best way to go about it. I know it will make it damp but it will dry out.... eventually!

The gear gaiter had also split, you cant see it because its on the top but the flap of material is annoying me when i change gear! Can this be replaced? I am going to try and repair it somehow first!

Thanks. Darlo
By FireBIade2
I would try an interior shampoo first, but go easy on the water.
By Darlo
Magic Detail wrote:Try the shampoo first. Have you got a 'wet vac' at all? then you can extract all the deep seated crap aswell.
Cheers, when you say shampoo I was going to use autoglym interior shampoo? That any good? As far as a wet vac, we have got a normal dyson vac and a carpet shampoer with a mini attachment. Will this get the seat too wet do you think?
By Cockpiss Analfist
dont bother trying to fix the crappy plastic gear gaitor, you can find a real leather one on ebay for cheap

P.s if you want a how to guide and loads of useful information go to civinfo.com

Im just here for the goat herp derp lulz face aids
By Darlo
crowmar kirkliss wrote:dont bother trying to fix the crappy plastic gear gaitor, you can find a real leather one on ebay for cheap

P.s if you want a how to guide and loads of useful information go to civinfo.com

Im just here for the goat herp derp lulz face aids
Cheers, I did some digging and found a leather one on eBay that came highly recommended by others. Should be with me today, I will report back at weekend. It was only £13 delivered!
By Darlo
Mr Anderson wrote:Leather gaiter? A lady gardenia to fit though eh, so fiddly :bad-words:
It wasnt to bad to be honest apart from stapling my finger.....! Im $hit at stuff like this as well.

As for cleaning up my interior i nipped into halfrauds to pick up some autoglym interior shampoo and they had an offer on turtle wax on 3 for 2 so gambled and picked this up....

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_255236

Good reviews and it came with a brush attachment. It seems to have done the trick on the door armrest which has come up a treat. I have done the red seat area, but i cant tell until tomorrow when its dried out! Damp seats means i cant take it out tonight :sad:

Had the interior mats out and got the carpet cleaner on them. The colour of the water which came off was minging! They have come up like new.

Finally today i had local dent man out, pulled three tiny dents out of the nearside door which were messing with my car OCD.

Very pleased :-D
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]