The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Tips for getting that Show Car shine.
By bornlucky1
Cracksta wrote:This best wax thing, are you measuring it purely on durability?

I currently use Poorboys Blackhole (glaze) followed by a wax of my choice:

CG Pete 53 (gives me the best showroom shine and has a good 2+ months durability)
R222 (good overall wax)
Collinite 915 (best durabilty I know but a bitch to wipe off, only used during winter time)

I find all 3 to be great but you should not be looking at waxes alone, the polishing stage is where you make of break the look of the car.

Sealants are great too (wax = natural, sealants = manmade)
the r222 i cant agree more with, its great cures reasonably quickly, gives a great shine and lasts a fair while.
Its my default wax and what i use on my own car mostly.

But im surprised about the cg 53, ive got a tub and i think i've used it twice, and both times was left somewhat
dissapointed, i couldnt put my finger on it but i just wasnt impressed. Maybe i should give it another try :scratch:

cg 50/50 on the other hand i love using, i do a certain bmw 840 every two months and since using it the owner always says "make sure you use the same stuff as last time" so he must have noticed a difference.

collinite is winter standard really isnt it.

Also, something i was surprised with recently, i was a my mates for a bbq a while back and while the girls were talking about hair the blokes all ended up in the garage, we ended up giving his motorbike a freshen up and the only wax he had was simonise gold tub stuff, i initially thought thats going to be crap and would have driven to my workshop if i hadnt had 2 or 3 three cans of super T by then but i had so gold stuff it was, and you know what? It was really good, just dont leave it to cure, as i found out the hard way and make sure its wiped of straight away.
By Pee Zed
Makes sense to buy only if you wax about 50 cars a day!
By Superbully
Jtizzle wrote:I believe that zymol have a wax called Solaris and it's 30-40k a tub :shock:
That's just plain effin ridiculous :scratch: :vconf:
By Cracksta
thats what the people who details exotic cars use.

@bornlucky1 - Do you leave the CG pete 53 time to cure? There are some wax which dont need time at all such as the R222 (but i always leave minimum 15mins, 30mins max), the collinite is a nightmare to buff off, i guess thats why it says do a panel at a time! I usually do the whole car, let it cure then buff off).

I have enough wax to last me another 5 years so not going to spend anymore on wax, also once the car has been properly polished with a machine, then its just basic 2 bucket method and re-waxing every 2 months.
By bornlucky1
Cracksta wrote:thats what the people who details exotic cars use.

@bornlucky1 - Do you leave the CG pete 53 time to cure? There are some wax which dont need time at all such as the R222 (but i always leave minimum 15mins, 30mins max), the collinite is a nightmare to buff off, i guess thats why it says do a panel at a time! I usually do the whole car, let it cure then buff off).

I have enough wax to last me another 5 years so not going to spend anymore on wax, also once the car has been properly polished with a machine, then its just basic 2 bucket method and re-waxing every 2 months.
yep, left to cure while i do other little jobs that need doing (i have a srtrict routine lol)
usually 20 -30 mins - i just found it a bit, well underwhelming.

As for the r222, if you leave it to cure properly i find in lasts longer too.
By civic2fast4u
does anybody rate Bilt Hamber? ive heard good things about it especially for the price.
By dnz 21
I thought Bilt Hamber was a bit of a pain to work with
By dnz 21
civic2fast4u wrote:in what way mate? did you get good results from it though?
It was a pain to put on and to take off. Had decent durability but have never used it on the paint work again. I just save it for the exhaust now
By Stevo M81
Here is a pic of my car after a good wax using Autoglym HD wax, brilliant wax IMO :thumbup:

By mini bilko
Similar blue from a Porsche I did recently, higher gloss effect than the HD;

Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid, topped with Zaino Z8 Grand Finale. :thumb:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]