The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Tips for getting that Show Car shine.
By xdcx
bluntcap wrote:
xdcx wrote:DoDo Juice :sad:
:lol: I know some surprising finds mate.....HD wax :thumbup:
I was waiting to purchase some DoDo which is approx £40ish. Not now.

Think I'll get one of these bargain waxes! :shock:
By bluntcap
xdcx wrote:
bluntcap wrote:
xdcx wrote:DoDo Juice :sad:
:lol: I know some surprising finds mate.....HD wax :thumbup:
I was waiting to purchase some DoDo which is approx £40ish. Not now.

Think I'll get one of these bargain waxes! :shock:
Indeed mate, or the raceglaze 55 stuff looks a good bet.
By Sp1
Don't forget that this doesn't touch on ease of application/removal which will be a consideration for many people, therefore you shouldn't necessarily write off some of the early exits which I'm sure will still serve a purpose very well.
By Evilwoo
Tbh i'm not overly surprised at dodo making an early exit. Personally i use vics concours and find it very good, and i havent used any of the dodo waxes purely because i get the impression they care more about how the wax smells rather than the durability protection and shine.... i know what id rather have hence using the vics :cooldude:

On a side note though i do highly rate their tropical mist QD, that works awesome for protection aswell!

:thumbup:
By dnz 21
iv been using nattys blue for years now. glad to see it come out amongst the big boys :-D

its a easy on/off and leaves a good finish, smells nice and has decent durability and for less than £20 so carnt go wrong with that one :thumbup:

my car is wearing dodo light fantastic at the min and while the car looked great as it first went on a few weeks down the line and durability doesnt look like its going to last long :???:
By rocko3352
I have always and will always use HD for as long as I can. I detail cars for a living and I even recommend it over the VERY exspensive waxes we stock for our customers.
By m1ke
Never used anything else other than AG, I get it for nothing and it's brilliant stuff. Only used the HD wax once though.

Good find bluntster.
By LVY
Interesting thread! I am on my 2nd pot of Collinite (used p21s before that) and get on really well with it, but next time it runs out i'll use the recommendations on here and try something new. thanks! :)
By dnz 21
all the protection from my dodo has just about gone now, not very impressed if am honest. though i have some red mist that i havnt tried yet but will just be used to top up after every few washes

the nattys blue i have blows the dodo out of the water and is half the price

think ill pick some Collinite 915 to try over the winter though
By OZ 82
Excellent post Blunty, a good read. I always thought Dildo sorry Dodo juice was good stuff, but obviously not the case. I use Swissvax Saphir on my car, its pretty expensive, but very good wax imo. I will give it 2 thin coats every 3 months or so, and it holds up very well in between coats i must say.

Only problem with having a red car, or a red Honda is keeping on top of the cleaning and wax. That is of course unless you like Milano Pink CTR's :lol:
By Dave.M89
fezza wrote:+1 for Nattys :thumbup:
cheap as chips and very easy to use

Just bought some thanks to this review and its very easy to apply - paid 13 quid for a tub off ebay and have barely used any. It even got my girlfriend interested as it smells like bubblegum.
By dcep3
I don't know how much each wax generally costs except AG HD but I just bought some Meguiars NXT paste for £13 which I thought seems good especially now reading this
By Pee Zed
What about a thread for car shampoos? That would be useful too. :thumbup:
By DANCTRs-o-t
Very impressed with the Autoglym HD wax, I've been using that for the last 12 months now and really impressed with it. Especially as I got it half price at the time aswell.
By beefwilder
AG High Def all the way! Been using it for a few years now and have had absolutely no reason to try anything else!
Easy application, Great shine and lasts ages!
Still on the same tub too, so its really good value for money at £45(ish) for the "boxed set" :thumbup:
By DANCTRs-o-t
beefwilder wrote:AG High Def all the way! Been using it for a few years now and have had absolutely no reason to try anything else!
Easy application, Great shine and lasts ages!
Still on the same tub too, so its really good value for money at £45(ish) for the "boxed set" :thumbup:

It's poo-hot on the plastics and windows aswell! I don't bother using anything else other than tyre gel.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]