The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Tips for getting that Show Car shine.
I've had the megs lambswool and the microfibre mitts and both are fine.
For drying i don't use microfibre but the megs water magnet. I've got a medium and a large because one wasn't quite enough to dry it all and got the second one as a gift anyway :-D
superbully wrote:I've had the megs lambswool and the microfibre mitts and both are fine.
For drying i don't use microfibre but the megs water magnet. I've got a medium and a large because one wasn't quite enough to dry it all and got the second one as a gift anyway :-D
yes i was thinking of getting that megs mitt perhaps i will get it, just heard some people say its not as good as everyone makes out..
also got new alloys put on the weekend got told that warm soapy water will do the job but scared the alloys dont get damaged. they are a shiny silver polished look. not quite chrome..what sealant should i use seen in halfrauds they got a autoglym one its lile £7 or something, is there any others that are good or are better..
kingz wrote:
superbully wrote:I've had the megs lambswool and the microfibre mitts and both are fine.
yes i was thinking of getting that megs mitt perhaps i will get it, just heard some people say its not as good as everyone makes out..
also got new alloys put on the weekend got told that warm soapy water will do the job but scared the alloys dont get damaged. they are a shiny silver polished look. not quite chrome..what sealant should i use seen in halfrauds they got a autoglym one its lile £7 or something, is there any others that are good or are better..

halfords grey washmitt FTW... 8 quid too.

Poorboys wheel sealant is very good.

mat.
ryanthetriad wrote:Hi, just wondering whats the basic cloth material, you should use for polishing exhaust tail pipe and exterior bodywork? cleaning the windows inside and outside? Cleaning leather seats? Would you suggest to use 4 cloths?
Definately fella, you cant use the same cloth on your seats that you use on your tail pipe. An old T-shirt for exhaust works fine, exterior body work would benefit from a decent wash mitt and drying cloth, get a window cloth for your windows and just have a big supply of microfibres (you can buy them in bulk) for all purpose. It's worth the investment to protect your paintwork and all your hard work.
Spyros wrote:
ryanthetriad wrote:Hi, just wondering whats the basic cloth material, you should use for polishing exhaust tail pipe and exterior bodywork? cleaning the windows inside and outside? Cleaning leather seats? Would you suggest to use 4 cloths?
Definately fella, you cant use the same cloth on your seats that you use on your tail pipe. An old T-shirt for exhaust works fine, exterior body work would benefit from a decent wash mitt and drying cloth, get a window cloth for your windows and just have a big supply of microfibres (you can buy them in bulk) for all purpose. It's worth the investment to protect your paintwork and all your hard work.
Thanks mate, you know where to get these cloths from? the microfibres? window cloths? The best but also good price?
ryanthetriad wrote:
Spyros wrote:
Thanks mate, you know where to get these cloths from? the microfibres? window cloths? The best but also good price?

i find this place quite cheap, you can probably get them cheaper but i have been pleased with the prices and services from here with cloths and brushes...

http://www.car-care-direct.com/catalog/ ... a68fd33c74

mat.
rocko3352 wrote:
Jules86 wrote:None really, there fairly sub-par.

Get some jetseal or collonite :salut:
Have to disagree there fella.

AutoGlym EGP is fantastic stuff.

Also a good buy is Poorboys Black Hole/White Diamond.
AUTOGLYM EGP isn't too bad for price too :thumbup:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]