The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Our version of the Haynes Manual.
Re-furbed/painted the alloys, It was a pain to try and sand back all the powder coating so I just painted over it.

The key to all this is take your time and do the prep correctly. Don't do it on a day where you rush to put your wheels back on or something. Don't do it outside or in a dusty environment. The paint needs about a day to set properly, otherwise stone chips e.t.c will appear straight away and penetrate to the alloy.

The entire method was like this...
Let the tyre down
Knock any loose/free/corroded powder coat/alloy off with a wire brush
Sand with a low grit rating for a rough finish for the paint to eventually stick
Araldite steel the imperfections/low parts
Wait for it to dry
Sand down with medium grit paper to level out the araldite patchwork
Wipe down entire rim with white spirit to get rid of wax/dirt/grime
Wash down the rim
Dry the wheel
Insert index/cue cards around the wheel to stop paint from going on your tyres
Put a few coats of primer filler
Wait for it to dry
Put a few coats of grey primer over the top (this is to see where your imperfections are easily)
Leave it to dry
Wet sand the wheel until smooth like glass to the touch with a gradually higher grit rating
Dry it off
Put on grey primer over exposed primer filler, enough that you don't go through again on the final primer sand (see next)
Let it dry
Lightly wet Sand the primer for the last time
Put a decent amount of top coats on the wheel, light strokes with the canister to gradually build it up. TAKE YOUR TIME.
After letting it dry put some clear coat on. This is the last stage, don't rush or you will get runs of the lacquer and it will look like a POS. As before. Light strokes, side to side.

And there you have it! Nice looking wheels. This will in no way fix buckles e.t.c.
Go and have your wheels balanced as well for good measure.

Let me know if you think I should change anything on this 'How To'
Thanks.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]