The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those Complete Power Boosting & Drivetrain Mods..
Forum rules: 
Please keep personal insults to yourselves.
Opinions and discussion are welcomed but the name calling and petty retorts are now becoming tiresome and getting in the way of what would otherwise be a great section with a lot of useful information.
Personally insulting posts and those serving little purpose except to incite argument will be removed and authors warned. FYI, we operate a multiple warning and automatic ban system.
Thanks I hope this is true but tgm who quoted me for the work suggested the speedo would be affected slightly.

Added in 51 minutes 53 seconds:
Looks like flashpro can adjust both if I am interpreting the link properly

https://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/i ... wtopic.htm
Last edited by Leejay-B on Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not 100% how the speed is read on the FN2. But on the EP3 it picks up the speed from the rotation of the diff, which turns at the same speed as the driveshaft which of course is the same as wheel speed. Changing wheel/tyre diameter will alter speedo readings.
Changing the final drive should only change the relation between engine speed and vehicle speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I have understood the 3rd gear sensor sends speed to ecu. This is then sent from ecu to dash and separately for other ecu functions including internal use.

This signal can be adjusted using flashpro which alters the signal the ecu sends. The flashpro has two speed alterations, ecu and dash so this must cover everything.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]