The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those Complete Power Boosting & Drivetrain Mods..
Forum rules: 
Please keep personal insults to yourselves.
Opinions and discussion are welcomed but the name calling and petty retorts are now becoming tiresome and getting in the way of what would otherwise be a great section with a lot of useful information.
Personally insulting posts and those serving little purpose except to incite argument will be removed and authors warned. FYI, we operate a multiple warning and automatic ban system.
By Jdean89
Hi. Currently in the process of turboing an EP3 for my final year project at uni and I need some valve timing info if anyone is in the know. Just need the standard cam opening angles. Cheers in advance any info would be appreciated
I don't think that's information you're going to find unless you try and measure it yourself. You'll also have 2 figures for both low and high cam lobes.
Also with VTC the inlet cam angle varies. Check out this explanation of the VTC which may help with your working outs http://honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor- ... c-1653046/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lewisgame wrote:I don't think that's information you're going to find unless you try and measure it yourself. You'll also have 2 figures for both low and high cam lobes.
Also with VTC the inlet cam angle varies. Check out this explanation of the VTC which may help with your working outs http://honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor- ... c-1653046/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers for the reply mate. Yeah I thought I might struggle to find exact figures and i guessed I'd need both high and low cams although I'm purely calculating temperatures and pressures at maximum rpm so I should only need high cam angles. Thanks for the VTC link will have a good read.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]