The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those Complete Power Boosting & Drivetrain Mods..
Forum rules: 
Please keep personal insults to yourselves.
Opinions and discussion are welcomed but the name calling and petty retorts are now becoming tiresome and getting in the way of what would otherwise be a great section with a lot of useful information.
Personally insulting posts and those serving little purpose except to incite argument will be removed and authors warned. FYI, we operate a multiple warning and automatic ban system.
By Danith
Probably been posted a million times before but want an up to date answer. That's what this forum is for isn't it?!

Been offered a prc inlet off a jdm ep3.

1 will it fit direct bolt on like for like? If so how easy?

2 will it make any difference before mapping?

3 it's safe to run on std ecu? (I've got a dc5 manifold and cat too BTW)

4 what gains can be expected once mapped?

Thanks

I know the rbc and rrc are better so please just keep it specially to the prc :)
By raceacebadboy
Hi mate, I also have a jdm manifold with cat and prc inlet. I ran mine unmapped for a little while and never had any issues, the eml light didn't come on either. Then went and had it mapped by Romain at eurospec and is running 230bhp also with a spoon cat back and aem cai. Hope that helps [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Danith
raceacebadboy wrote:Hi mate, I also have a jdm manifold with cat and prc inlet. I ran mine unmapped for a little while and never had any issues, the eml light didn't come on either. Then went and had it mapped by Romain at eurospec and is running 230bhp also with a spoon cat back and aem cai. Hope that helps [emoji106]

Wow that's decent for those mods. I'm getting it! Ha.
Rbc costs too much and too much faffing.
Not getting a k100 til next year so that sounds cracking
I've got a 2.5" piper and a teg m already so 230 would do me fine once mapped.
Cheers
By Lewisgame
Inlet fitting isn't too hard. You'll need to pull 2 studs out of the head using the '2 nut' method and the support braces under the inlet can be a little tricky to access.
I used to run one. Made 240bhp at TDI North with supporting mods.
By Danith
Lewisgame wrote:Inlet fitting isn't too hard. You'll need to pull 2 studs out of the head using the '2 nut' method and the support braces under the inlet can be a little tricky to access.
Cheers mate. Sounds like something I'll probably leave to the pro's then.

Booked in at grinspeed on the 19th for valve clearances, chain check and rocker cover swap over. Might ask him to do this too, just won the prc on eBay so will give it a coat of high temp matte black before then.

How many hours would you say it takes to swap over? Need to budget :)

Did it make any noticeable difference before mapping? What were the supporting mods?

I won't need any adaptor plates like the rbc needs will I?

Ta
By Danith
Yeah already done the exhaust cheers. It's the jdm inlet I've just bought as well

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
By Lewisgame
Danith wrote:
Lewisgame wrote:Inlet fitting isn't too hard. You'll need to pull 2 studs out of the head using the '2 nut' method and the support braces under the inlet can be a little tricky to access.
Cheers mate. Sounds like something I'll probably leave to the pro's then.

Booked in at grinspeed on the 19th for valve clearances, chain check and rocker cover swap over. Might ask him to do this too, just won the prc on eBay so will give it a coat of high temp matte black before then.

How many hours would you say it takes to swap over? Need to budget :)

Did it make any noticeable difference before mapping? What were the supporting mods?

I won't need any adaptor plates like the rbc needs will I?

Ta
Swapping manifolds over took less than 2 hours easy.
I didn't really notice much difference after fitting.
Supporting mods were ITG intake, PRC inlet, Piper exhaust manifold and Piper exhaust system. 240bhp on TDI North's dyno.
By godfridge
I got 230bhp too with the prc after a remap along with dc5 mani with spoon 4-2, tegiwa catback and itg intake. Good cheap direct fit mod the prc
By Danith
Cheers sounds decent. You have a dc5 manifold and a spoon manifold??

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
By Danith
Also, when it gets fitted I'll be switching over to a light wrinkle blue rocker so thinking to paint the inlet black to suit my black intake hoses and will probably spray the flush spark cover black too.

Do I need to use high temp paint for the inlet (and coil cover/fuel rail cover)?
By godfridge
Yeah the top half is the spoon 4-2 paired to the dc5 2-1 with the cat on it. Really happy hitting 230 and still running a oem cat and not a sports cat that will burn out after a year or 2
By Danith
godfridge wrote:Yeah the top half is the spoon 4-2 paired to the dc5 2-1 with the cat on it. Really happy hitting 230 and still running a oem cat and not a sports cat that will burn out after a year or 2
My dc5 cat still brings up the eml. Didn't fit a spacer and Not been mapped.
By raceacebadboy
Godfriedge was there much difference between the dc5 4-2 and the spoon? I'm currently looking for a spoon 2-1 and then keep the cat for back up Incase I need it but not sure if its worth it.

By godfridge
Never even tried the dc5 4-2 .

whats this spacer being talked about?
By Danith
godfridge wrote:Never even tried the dc5 4-2 .

whats this spacer being talked about?
Just fools the ecu into thinking the second lambda is taking the correct reading or something like that.
Spaces it away from the inside of the cat
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]