The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those Complete Power Boosting & Drivetrain Mods..
Forum rules: 
Please keep personal insults to yourselves.
Opinions and discussion are welcomed but the name calling and petty retorts are now becoming tiresome and getting in the way of what would otherwise be a great section with a lot of useful information.
Personally insulting posts and those serving little purpose except to incite argument will be removed and authors warned. FYI, we operate a multiple warning and automatic ban system.
By Collister
Hi
im currently building a Jackson Racing Supercharged track and hill climb car. Question is while I've got the box out what clutch should I put in is a standard oem up to the job?
By Collister
cheers what is the pedal feel like on the stage 2 or 3?
By Collister
Cheers I just wasn't sure if the three would be like a paddle clutch and horrendous to drive around town
By *nub*
This is old. But get a stage 1 or 2 ACT organic, I have stage 2 on my 340bhp fn2 and it's not far off OEM. I could have got away with stage 1. Stage 1 rated to 225ftlb, stage 2 is 250ftlb. Both more than a JRSC will make but for competition use and longevity stage 2 may be safer

Also Dan, if it's like the CT then 3.15 is lowest people go without an aftercooler. Although even that may be on the limit as JRSC mani is more restrictive. I guess after several pulls or full out on track you may be losing power cause IATs are too high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By danboi8701
*nub* wrote:This is old. But get a stage 1 or 2 ACT organic, I have stage 2 on my 340bhp fn2 and it's not far off OEM. I could have got away with stage 1. Stage 1 rated to 225ftlb, stage 2 is 250ftlb. Both more than a JRSC will make but for competition use and longevity stage 2 may be safer

Also Dan, if it's like the CT then 3.15 is lowest people go without an aftercooler. Although even that may be on the limit as JRSC mani is more restrictive. I guess after several pulls or full out on track you may be losing power cause IATs are too high.

You think it would be OK to just run a 3" pulley for a few runs without tuning ? Is that just like upping the boost ?

By *nub*
With no tuning at all lol? I assume you've already got a map and you're talking about adjusting it for the pulley ?
I've seen people use 3.0" on JRSC without charge coolers but I'm pretty sure this is taking the IATs over the recommended limits and would cause detonation or whatever. plus because they're too high it won't be making any more power, maybe just hp but no torque (or is it the other way around lol?)
I'm sure no competent mapper would recommend a 3.0 on non cooled JRSC, the examples we see are probably people being desperate for power, being careless and not following advice. Then again, I'm also sure someone will come a long saying they've run 3" with no problems :)

By danboi8701
Basically I have 9si kit and it's been mapped etc obv, I've since then put very good breathing mods on and boost has now dropped to 7psi due to car breathing better, so surly now I can use 3" pulley to up 2 psi again to keep it safe 9psi is that how it would work ?

By Collister
Went for a stage 3 competition clutch in the end.
I'm running a 3.2" pulley 8psi

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]