The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those Complete Power Boosting & Drivetrain Mods..
Forum rules: 
Please keep personal insults to yourselves.
Opinions and discussion are welcomed but the name calling and petty retorts are now becoming tiresome and getting in the way of what would otherwise be a great section with a lot of useful information.
Personally insulting posts and those serving little purpose except to incite argument will be removed and authors warned. FYI, we operate a multiple warning and automatic ban system.
By Rollerdan
Hi guys think id like to rebuild my gearbox and add an mfactory diff also my input bearing is making a noise anyways so perfect time really ! I hear grinspeed are the people too speak too , can anyone recommend other parts i should replace once the box is apart ? Are syncros really needed if the gears are not crunching?
Any input would really good thanks !
By w6ady
Well when I had my box rebuilt I had everything done all at once. Mfactory race pack LSD, Mfactory 5.4 final drive, 1-6 carbon Synchros, clockwise motion lightweight flywheel, oem Honda clutch. Obviously replaced the diff bearings too whilst it was in bits. I have to say all the parts make a huge difference to how the car drives. Acceleration and response are brilliant now and the car hangs on much better in the corners. It's pricey but very worth it.
By Lewisgame
Synchros are a waste of time personally unless you've got some issues. Even then the standard Honda ones are good enough.
Something I wish I done when fitting my diff was a shorter final drive.
By w6ady
I replaced my Synchros just because it was all apart and didn't want to have to take the box back out in the future but as Lewis says if your having no problem then you can leave them. Defo new clutch though whilst it's out.
By Rollerdan
Clutch has been done less than 1,000 miles ago by previous owner , thinking the rumbling noise was the thrust bearing on
the clutch but the noise is still
there . Also would a 5.4 final drive be benifical for me as it will be daily mainly and a few track days in the summer , id like to get that balance right easy to live with daily but more than capable on the track
By AdamB92
You can fit a 5.4 / 5.1 and then fit the TSX 6th gear which will take the rpm back to almost like the stock 6th.

Speak to Stevie as he'll be able to point you in the right direction.
By petrolted
AdamB92 wrote:You can fit a 5.4 / 5.1 and then fit the TSX 6th gear which will take the rpm back to almost like the stock 6th.

I've got this setup 5:4 + TSX 6th gear it's awesome so much more go
By Rollerdan
petrolted wrote:
AdamB92 wrote:You can fit a 5.4 / 5.1 and then fit the TSX 6th gear which will take the rpm back to almost like the stock 6th.

Where did you get yours set up mate
By petrolted
Rollerdan wrote:
petrolted wrote:

Where did you get yours set up mate
Stevie at Ginspeed mate, he did a spot on job too
By cywex
The longest 6th gear for K series is 6th from Civic SI 2012
FN2 - 0.738
TSX - 0.659
Si 2012- 0.647

If anyone need I can have that parts.
By N.Styles
My cars going in for a new clutch after 115k
Taking the opportunity to install a wavetrack lsd prob Mid April which is similar to the mfactory
Suppose to be the No.1 Mod so should be good!
By N.Styles
This thread has a lot of views so I thought I'd add a little update.

Had the Wavetrack fitted as mentioned above in March this year.

All I can say is it's a fantastic modification to make to your car.

I don't know about others but my car suffered badly with wheel hop when pulling away, It never wheel span but just bounced up & down which was ridiculous.
Most people thought it was down to the Toyo's I had fitted at the time but it did the same with Bridgestones & Continentals too.

Wheel hop completely stopped after having it fitted & whilst it's still possible to "spin" (not hop) the wheels the amount of traction you get is immense.
The other most noticable improvement is the speed you can carry into & out of corners, the car just feels like it's on rails allowing you to start accelerating out of corners way earlier than before.

Why Honda didn't fit an LSD like this as standard is a real shame.

The best time to install one of these is if your replacing/upgrading your clutch as the labour is roughly equal to the price of the part.

Hope this helps a few people decide.
Rick
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]