The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those Complete Power Boosting & Drivetrain Mods..
Forum rules: 
Please keep personal insults to yourselves.
Opinions and discussion are welcomed but the name calling and petty retorts are now becoming tiresome and getting in the way of what would otherwise be a great section with a lot of useful information.
Personally insulting posts and those serving little purpose except to incite argument will be removed and authors warned. FYI, we operate a multiple warning and automatic ban system.
By Civic_b0y
Hey guys

I've blown the gearbox on my civic ep3

Are there guides on here on how to remove it?

Tried the search cannot find anything and I want the car on road as soon as I can.

Thanks

Mike
By Lewisgame
Not really a job to tackle on the driveway. I'll give you a brief how to.
From the top you need to remove the airbox, gear linkage, wiring to speed sensor and reverse light switch and remove the clutch slave (no need to disconnect the slave from hydraulic pipe). Then remove the top bell housing bolts.
Underneath you need to take off the subframe. Drain gearbox oil and remove the drive shafts. Inlet manifold supports to get access to bolt going through the starter motor.
You then need to support the engine and gearbox, take off the gearbox mount and lower the gearbox side.
Remove the rest of the bell housing bolts and it'll come out.
May of missed a few bits but that's a rough idea of what needs to be done. While you're there, throw in a new clutch kit.
By sammo303
Having done this on a driveway I'd say it's doable but you'll want a friend to help guide the gearbox back into position when refitting. Get some wood for packing under the sump for supporting it with a jack. You'll want another jack for supporting then lowering the gearbox.

Mostly common sense but take your time and be methodical. Make sure you have enough gearbox oil and a means of filling it up. Don't forget the cover plate on the underside of the bellhousing either or you'll damage it when you separate it from the engine!
By Collister
I swapped the gearboxes on my ep3 a couple of weeks ago it wasn't too bad actually, just make sure you put a jack under the engine so you can lower it gearbox side makes it easy to get it back in

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]