The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those Complete Power Boosting & Drivetrain Mods..
Forum rules: 
Please keep personal insults to yourselves.
Opinions and discussion are welcomed but the name calling and petty retorts are now becoming tiresome and getting in the way of what would otherwise be a great section with a lot of useful information.
Personally insulting posts and those serving little purpose except to incite argument will be removed and authors warned. FYI, we operate a multiple warning and automatic ban system.
By mezmo
Been looking at tegiwas website at the RBC manifolds.

One is mentioned to be 70mm whereas the other isn't.

From those who know, is there much of a gain over standard with the 70mm version?

Cheers guys
By wHAmEz
I might be wrong but the 70mm along with a 70mm throttle body would give you around 5-7bhp gain over the other. Again I could be wrong but that's my understanding. Would benefit from cams better.
By Lewisgame
A lot depends on the other mods. With your usual bolt ons, 70mm throttle body and inlet will give minimal gains. You'll benefit from it more if you was to be running cams.
By mezmo
Thanks guys. So unless I'm going down the cams route, there's no point in going for a 70mm RBC as it will offer no more gain a than the standard one?
By *nub*
It will. But a few bhp only. And if your got a max figure in mind then any other restriction in your system may negate the gains you'd have got over a regular TB and RRC if you know what I mean ?
By mezmo
Ah right. So it's all well and good having a 70mm RBC and throttle body etc, but any gains would potentially be lost if you were using a restrictive cat back for example?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]