The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those Complete Power Boosting & Drivetrain Mods..
Forum rules: 
Please keep personal insults to yourselves.
Opinions and discussion are welcomed but the name calling and petty retorts are now becoming tiresome and getting in the way of what would otherwise be a great section with a lot of useful information.
Personally insulting posts and those serving little purpose except to incite argument will be removed and authors warned. FYI, we operate a multiple warning and automatic ban system.
By nicko
Evening all, i have been looking around the interwebs for a while and still haven't found a huge amount of good info as yet. with CTRO now back up i thought i would ask away on here, by all means if there is a good thread with my answers in please point me in the direction as the searching hasn't revealed a great deal.

So i have build another kswap civic namely a 925kg Eg, i have rebuilt the whole damm car and finally is about to be MOT'd and come out to play again.

My question is this, i have had a 230/40hp N/A and im wanting more the car must remain drivable and reliable as this will be doing alot of track work. What is the best forced induction route, JRSC, Rotrex and Turbo. All of the option don't seam to much difference in cost but im looking to get the right system for the chassis due it not being the usual lardy arse civics late :lol:

Any help and advice is all appreciated, thanks.

[
By *nub*
nicko wrote:Evening all, i have been looking around the interwebs for a while and still haven't found a huge amount of good info as yet. with CTRO now back up i thought i would ask away on here, by all means if there is a good thread with my answers in please point me in the direction as the searching hasn't revealed a great deal.

So i have build another kswap civic namely a 925kg Eg, i have rebuilt the whole damm car and finally is about to be MOT'd and come out to play again.

My question is this, i have had a 230/40hp N/A and im wanting more the car must remain drivable and reliable as this will be doing alot of track work. What is the best forced induction route, JRSC, Rotrex and Turbo. All of the option don't seam to much difference in cost but im looking to get the right system for the chassis due it not being the usual lardy arse civics late :lol:

Any help and advice is all appreciated, thanks.

[
240bhp @ 925kg you say? that would be pretty rapid mate, do you even need to go boosted? How about a 5.1 or 5.4 FD and get tdi north drop in cams instead? EP3s have made 270bhp with those cams and other optimum mods.

I think being that your BHP/tonne is so good already, boosting would lose some drivability. If you did go boosted then id say a Rotrex would be the best option, I wouldn't even aim for more than 350bhp. or even 300! Best with slicks and LSD essential of course.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]