The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those Complete Power Boosting & Drivetrain Mods..
Forum rules: 
Please keep personal insults to yourselves.
Opinions and discussion are welcomed but the name calling and petty retorts are now becoming tiresome and getting in the way of what would otherwise be a great section with a lot of useful information.
Personally insulting posts and those serving little purpose except to incite argument will be removed and authors warned. FYI, we operate a multiple warning and automatic ban system.
By MrHanky
Currently car just has following:

Tegiwa M
Stock dampers with eibachs and camber adjusters
DC5 Manifold
Spoon B pipe
Spoon N1
Stoptech calipers on the front with Pagid RS blues, rear has the larger discs with stock calipers and DS2500's, usual uprated brake hoses.
M factory LSD
Advan AD08Rs on stock wheels
Started on its diet so a fair bit of the interior has gone.
OMP Champ R seats with Takata harnesses (damn Tegiwa xmas discounts tempted me in :) )

To go on imminently are the following:

Clockwise motion ITB's with alternator relocate and modified water pump housing
RDX injectors
DC sports manifold
J's racing front strut brace (just found on ebay last night)
Superpro caster bushes
Enkei RPF1's
Clockwise motion baffled sump
Going with K pro at the moment but a bit of a trial as Ian at Clockwork recommends AEM for use of TPS. Stevie still talking to Paul at TDI for feedback before definite answer on this front. Hoping K pro as quite a bit more for the AEM.

Could be a few more things to do as Stevie is still talking a few things over with Ian at Clockwise, so will just have to wait and see.

If all goes well I will go have some fun on the track this year and look at suspension, roll cage, cams etc next year.
Went Blyton last weekend and had great fun in the car in its current form. LSD works brilliantly. Was a bit damp to hard brake but I used last year and they also make a massive difference.

A few pics from Stevie of the ITBs that are waiting

Thanks

Mark

mezmo wrote:So what will your full spec be mate once you get these ITB's fitted?

And what brand are the ITB's?

Cheers fella
By G.
As some know I have been running the Titan ITB's for a year now.... I went for those simple because they run beautifully and despite what some folks have said to me about them not being 'developed' have been made to fit without any modification, so you do not have to relocate anything, and can even run the On my way! Rail and so on to keep the cost down. They were tested with both straight and the curved runners and the results were identical, the run er length, diameter and trumpet size are designedly match the K series perfectly, they also work very well with my own Frank build, I make a bit more power than when I was running the Skunk2 Pro series inlet, 70mm tb and ARC airborne, which is a very good set up. The main thing is the car does Rev so much more freely and I'm seeing more pull on the road especially in the midrange. The response you all know about, it did take a little getting used to, hitting a pothole and the foot jerking a tiny amount on the pedal makes the car want to shoot off, kindah crazy.

The car has done around 20k since then on road and a quick blast on an airfield day. It's easy to love with as a daily which it also is.

In stop start traffic or a potter round town Paul Wests map is sublime. It really is. The only time I have an issue is if it's a cold morning and I've not driven the car for a few days, it can be a little jerky at lowers for a couple of minutes till warm, however that soon goes and then it's like driving a regular K20.

The cost is not cheap, but high end tuning with quality engineered parts never is. If you are thinking of this set up and want to go all motor I would highly recommend it. You could even offset the cost by selling your existin inlet and induction for example so it sweetens it a little.

Yes you can have more power gong turbo, but any all motor car from 260 upwards is a prett nippy beast, approaching 300 if you Frank as I have done,or stroking is a bit of a beast, with all the advantages of the response and precision of an n/a car with decent power.

I'm running around 303 at 220, I've been supercharged and this is better in every way. More grunt low down and better power, excepting a good tuned Rotrex say, however I also get good economy for the set up.

Downsides, well cost per bhp is not great and, er, well that's it.

The sound actually makes you giggle like a girl.
By Lewisgame
mezmo wrote:Silly question, but do you need an air filter (cai, gruppe m etc) with an itb set up?
Filters normally fit over the end of the trumpets. Some people don't even run filters, but this is normally for race applications only.
I suppose if you fitted a plenum over the end of the bodies, than ran pipe work to a filter (like a GruppeM/CAI) it would work. But then that defeats the object of ITB's.
By mezmo
MrHanky (Mark) When's your car going in for the work? Eagerly waiting the outcome mate.
Cheers
By MrHanky
mezmo wrote:MrHanky (Mark) When's your car going in for the work? Eagerly waiting the outcome mate.
Cheers
Hi,

Well slight update on this. Car is at Grinspeed already for work to start later this week.
Change in plans though as Clockwise got in touch with Stevie to say that there had been an issue with the angled manifold which they produced and I was about to use. I could either wait for new one (but there wasn't a rush to re-run) or I could have money back and go for a different option.

So now getting Titan set. Hopefully should be with Stevie this week but if not there are other bits he can get on with on my car as also changing engine and gearbox mounts (as well as hopefully getting wheels on, baffled sump, caster bushes, manifold, geo setup, service and checking a few issues).

Mapping is booked for 23rd of this month at TDI.

Will keep you posted :)

Thanks

Mark
By mezmo
Really pleased to see that someone is having a set fitted to a stock K20. I've been waiting ages for someone to do this.

Added in 3 minutes 9 seconds:
Also wondering, what will your car rev to? 8.5k prior to cam installation?
By MrHanky
mezmo wrote:Really pleased to see that someone is having a set fitted to a stock K20. I've been waiting ages for someone to do this.

Added in 3 minutes 9 seconds:
Also wondering, what will your car rev to? 8.5k prior to cam installation?
Yep me too :)

Revs won't be too dissimilar to stock for now yes. If all goes well and im still doing what im doing work wise next year then I will look to do engine internals and look for more revs. Will see how things go though.

Thanks

Mark
By MrHanky
mezmo wrote:Sounds ace mark. Good on ya.

How long will Paul need the car for mapping?
I reckon a couple of days. So really hoping to have it back the end of that week as am very excited about getting out in it.
Will then be sorting out a track day in March / April with my brother and his Skyline 32 GTST track car. Am keen to see how they stack up against each other (without actually racing etc as that is forbidden). I was looking at being able to out brake him but he has just gone and got some D2's for his car so they will be fairly similar now.
By mezmo
Will be interesting to see mate.

I've just seen cpl racings Facebook page and they are now developing there own itb set! Be interesting to see fitment of their set and any testing they do.
By mezmo
For those in the know: would you lose any of the itb noise if you had a sealed unit over the ITB's with and air filter attached (like the smokehoes ep3) rather than just a filter on the ITB's?
By MrHanky
I was wondering this myself and also how effective it is?
Looks very nice on the SH car anyway.
mezmo wrote:For those in the know: would you lose any of the itb noise if you had a sealed unit over the ITB's with and air filter attached (like the smokehoes ep3) rather than just a filter on the ITB's?
By MrHanky
Car is at TDI about now for mapping but had last minute issue as the 2nd hand manifold I bought turned out to have a small hole in it. So had to go with whatever Stevie had around and so it has a japspeed manifold on for now. Might change in future when next work is done and mapped but no other options really.

Also had another fix which Stevie found so also have roll center adjusters on.

Should with any luck be picking the car up this Friday. Can't wait as its something I have been looking forward too for ages now. Good pick me up as well since house sale and move looks to be going south for the 2nd time!

Will get a video up once back :)

Thanks

Mark
By mezmo
MrHanky wrote:Car is at TDI about now for mapping but had last minute issue as the 2nd hand manifold I bought turned out to have a small hole in it. So had to go with whatever Stevie had around and so it has a japspeed manifold on for now. Might change in future when next work is done and mapped but no other options really.

Also had another fix which Stevie found so also have roll center adjusters on.

Should with any luck be picking the car up this Friday. Can't wait as its something I have been looking forward too for ages now. Good pick me up as well since house sale and move looks to be going south for the 2nd time!

Will get a video up once back :)

Thanks

Mark
I've seen photos of your itbs on tdi's face book page. They said they had a car in the previous day with skunk2 inlet, injen cai, header, cat back, and so far yours is making more power with the itbs on the lower cam (there's a dyno shot). Be interesting to see the difference on the higher cam. I'm going predict 252bhp!! To be precise lol!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]