The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those Complete Power Boosting & Drivetrain Mods..
Forum rules: 
Please keep personal insults to yourselves.
Opinions and discussion are welcomed but the name calling and petty retorts are now becoming tiresome and getting in the way of what would otherwise be a great section with a lot of useful information.
Personally insulting posts and those serving little purpose except to incite argument will be removed and authors warned. FYI, we operate a multiple warning and automatic ban system.
By mezmo
I think that anything from 250 upwards with your mods, and especially without cams is good going.
By MrHanky
Update on their FB page
Very happy with that considering cheap manifold and Spoon system
By mezmo
That is very impressive. If you had a toda or tegiwa manifold and a bigger centre pipe I am positive you would've seen 260+. With cams probably 270+! Well done mate.

How does it drive and sound?
By MrHanky
Cheers, I am very happy with result on paper.
Not got it back yet. Waiting to hear back from TDI and Stevie to see if I can get back on Friday.
Hopefully will see a dyno video later on TDI's Facebook page

mezmo wrote:That is very impressive. If you had a toda or tegiwa manifold and a bigger centre pipe I am positive you would've seen 260+. With cams probably 270+! Well done mate.

How does it drive and sound?
By kinky_boy
great result! waiting for your feedback :)

please give the guys at tdi a short question about the weather/temperatures regarding the ITBs, how much it can influence the car behaviour and if it possible for you to have any issues about that. thanks
By mezmo
My thoughts exactly. Japspeed manifold and Spoon b pipe, and the ITB's and he gets 255 bhp. That's impressive. I wonder what the figures would've been with a toda/tegiwa manifold, drop in cams, and a 2.5-3 inch b pipe. Gotta be looking nearer 270 bhp for sure.
By mezmo
Mark, what's your thoughts on the ITB's then? Sound, speed, torque, drive ability et ?
By MrHanky
Hi,

So just to add a few pictures and images from TDI and Grinspeed for power etc:

Just before it left Grinspeed

At home and finally has new wheels on. Just waiting for black wheel nuts from Tegiwa.

So picked it up yesterday from Stevie who has been excellent. We started talking in September and were going with the Clockwise setup right up until the last minute when we found that there was an issue with the ITB manifold. So then had to quickly change our minds and sort out the Titan set.

Here is final list of what Stevie has been doing on the car:

Titan ITBs
Skunk 2 fuel rail
Japspeed manifold as the 2nd hand DC sports one I have has a hole :mad:
Engine and gearbox mounts
Roll center adjusters
Superpro front compliance bushes (alter castor)
New plugs
RDX injectors
K100 (fitted and mapped by Paul at TDI North)
Wheels fitted (was a sigh of relief as I wasn't totally sure on size and offset, 17x8 - 45 offset)
Clockwise baffled sump
Service
Geometry setup
Looking at a few issues like my heater blowers (resistor that is on backorder with Honda so another winter without heat).

Im sure there are a few other little bits but I cannot remember at the moment.

Anyways the ITB's. First thought is that I love them. Pulls a load better right from around 4k and just keeps going. Weather is a bit wet at the moment so traction is limited in 1st and 2nd and also slipped a few times in 3rd.
The car sounds a lot louder inside now and I really like the overall sound of the ITB's and the Spoon system.
Car is not as smooth at low revs or idle anymore but is pretty damn good considering. Gives it a race car feel (for me anyway) and so I don't mind one bit. As with previous statement crawling in traffic is not as smooth but its by no means terrible (nothing like my old Supra with light flywheel and on/off clutch which was horrendous).

Throttle response is brilliant as well now but not as jumpy and twitchy as I have read some people make it out to be.

Im hoping to get a Garmin Virb X camera next week and so if I do I will get some video footage and sound (which is what I always look for). Will add footage from first track day in March / April as well once done.
In the meantime if it stops raining at some point I will get a video of it outside idling and with a few revs.

Very happy so far. Stevie was great and helpful as usual and Paul has done a great job of mapping the car.

Thanks

Mark
By *nub*
Show me the actual dyno print out when you can. Although that looks very promising. If you could get 270 with drop in cams, better header ave perhaps a 3" exhaust then that would be the ultimate NA without engine work. I was considering this route myself but tdi never showed us any decent results. Maybe 275bhp is possible? Would love to hear it on full chat and in cabin [emoji5]
By MrHanky
Will get the dyno print from Stevie and put it up.
To be honest a better header and 3" exhaust will be pushing 270. So cams would be next step and should see even more.
Will do video at some point
*nub* wrote:Show me the actual dyno print out when you can. Although that looks very promising. If you could get 270 with drop in cams, better header ave perhaps a 3" exhaust then that would be the ultimate NA without engine work. I was considering this route myself but tdi never showed us any decent results. Maybe 275bhp is possible? Would love to hear it on full chat and in cabin [emoji5]
By mezmo
*nub* wrote:Show me the actual dyno print out when you can. Although that looks very promising. If you could get 270 with drop in cams, better header ave perhaps a 3" exhaust then that would be the ultimate NA without engine work. I was considering this route myself but tdi never showed us any decent results. Maybe 275bhp is possible? Would love to hear it on full chat and in cabin [emoji5]
This.

I wanted to see ITB's in a stock k20 for ages, or at least some sort of dyno graph. Pleased mark got it done as I think it shows that although exspensive, ITB's give good power. I am sure with a 2.5 - 3 inch mid pipe and better manifold 260+bhp would definately be achievable. Add drop in cams and for sure 270bhp is a possibility.
Marks torque figures are also very high. Almost 180lb ft. Again, with better breathing mods this could raise to 185-190lb ft potentially, which is only 10-15lb ft lower than a jrsc type r torque figure (at the top at least).
Add a different final drive for that extra acceleration and you have the makings for a beast of a n/a car!
By *nub*
It's been a while since I've looked at EP3 dynos but the torque curve looks very flat and a bit more than usual IIRC. Peak torque ofc doesn't mean much but normally goes hard in hand with an overall good torque curve.
By MrHanky
mezmo wrote:Mark any more photos or updates. How was it on track?

Hi,

Sorry no more photos and still no graphs from TDI.
Haven't managed to do a track day yet unfortunately. Just in middle of house moves so all hectic.
Did get my Garmin camera though so will look to get that mounted and will put it on whilst I go up to legal limits on motorway (got to be careful with it as it has GPS functionality and will overlay speed on the video).

Will use when I do get on the track so I can really push it.

Thanks

Mark
By MrHanky
Well took it Blyton today to finally have a good run and get some decent video footage.
One big problem though was that I was black flagged for noise within 3 laps :(
96.4 driveby and I was letting off where the trap was each time. Did a static just for my reference and I was at 103.4DB at 4k revs :(

So that sucked a lot. Anyway for those that wanted a video here it is, albeit very short and pretty rubbish driving to boot.
Skyline in front was my brother. This was the first time we had actually got both our cars on track as one of us has always had issues with cars in the past.

Any who now looking to solve noise issue and try again

Thanks

Mark
By *nub*
The induction Sounds real good and would be even better with a quitter exhaust ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]