The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those Complete Power Boosting & Drivetrain Mods..
Forum rules: 
Please keep personal insults to yourselves.
Opinions and discussion are welcomed but the name calling and petty retorts are now becoming tiresome and getting in the way of what would otherwise be a great section with a lot of useful information.
Personally insulting posts and those serving little purpose except to incite argument will be removed and authors warned. FYI, we operate a multiple warning and automatic ban system.
By rose5691
What should I expect to pay for one of these and who makes the best one? Probably best to use inserts too as I have an aftermarket exhaust? Also, is there anywhere I can get step by step instructions?
Thanks.
By ABP MOTORSPORT
Hi,

I would recommend a Genuine Honda bush which comes with the bracket too making it alot easier for you to fit.

The Powerflex insert will push straight into this new bush which is easy to do too.

Three ways to replace this is:

1) lower the downpipe to remove bolts from bracket
2) Lower the subframe to give clearance to remove bolts from the bracket
3) Remove complete rear engine mounting with the gearbox bracket to that this bush bolts into

The prices are as follows:

Genuine Honda gearbox / engine mounting and bush £86.53
Powerflex rear lower gearbox / engine mount insert £25.00 - http://www.powerflex.co.uk/road-series/ ... 11043.html

All prices include VAT.

Hope this all helps?

Dave Roberts
By rose5691
Wow, thanks a lot for your help. I see many photos of different makes bit not including the bracket. I'm only replacing it as it's broken but not sure if I'd benefit from just putting the inserts on the gearbox mount. Any thoughts?
John.
By ABP MOTORSPORT
No problem for the help! ;)

If the old bush still has most of the rubber webbing intact then you may get away with fitting the insert into this to make it more solid, but if you find that most of it is split then I would recommend fitting a new bush too.

If you can get a photo of the original bush I could probably advise you more.

Hope this helps?

Dave.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]