The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those Complete Power Boosting & Drivetrain Mods..
Forum rules: 
Please keep personal insults to yourselves.
Opinions and discussion are welcomed but the name calling and petty retorts are now becoming tiresome and getting in the way of what would otherwise be a great section with a lot of useful information.
Personally insulting posts and those serving little purpose except to incite argument will be removed and authors warned. FYI, we operate a multiple warning and automatic ban system.
By Leejay-B
I understand stiffer engine mount inserts are needed to stop upgraded exhaust manifolds cracking due to engine movement.

I also like the idea of better gearchange and increased response from less engine movement.

BUT I don't want silly vibrations.

Whats the best combination for saving the manifold, but reducing vibrations? Do I have to fit the whole kit or can I leave the ones out that shake the cabin?

Thanks all.
By *nub*
I only have the inserts fittedinto the rear mount. This is the minimum required and my header does not even have a flexi like dc sports, japspeed etc have and haven't had any issues. Anymore than this and you'll start increasing the vibrations which are going piss you off if it's a daily driver.There is still some vibration but I don't think i''ve had my idle rpm raised. when mapped this can be raised by a few hundred rpm. My vibrations disappear once the idle rpm is slightly higher. I did notice the car felt tighter and more engaging once the inserts were fitted.
By Leejay-B
*nub* wrote:I only have the inserts fittedinto the rear mount. This is the minimum required and my header does not even have a flexi like dc sports, japspeed etc have and haven't had any issues. Anymore than this and you'll start increasing the vibrations which are going piss you off if it's a daily driver.There is still some vibration but I don't think i''ve had my idle rpm raised. when mapped this can be raised by a few hundred rpm. My vibrations disappear once the idle rpm is slightly higher. I did notice the car felt tighter and more engaging once the inserts were fitted.
Thanks again much appreciated.
You have been my personal forum advisor recently!
By *nub*
burridge1984 wrote:
*nub* wrote:I only have the inserts fittedinto the rear mount. This is the minimum required and my header does not even have a flexi like dc sports, japspeed etc have and haven't had any issues. Anymore than this and you'll start increasing the vibrations which are going piss you off if it's a daily driver.There is still some vibration but I don't think i''ve had my idle rpm raised. when mapped this can be raised by a few hundred rpm. My vibrations disappear once the idle rpm is slightly higher. I did notice the car felt tighter and more engaging once the inserts were fitted.
Thanks again much appreciated.
You have been my personal forum advisor recently!
yeah i'm often on here at stupid times like between midnight and 4 am when nobody is really active on here or FB so if i'm bored I have nothing to do so i'll see if I can answer any "unanswered posts"
By *nub*
I've not fitted them myself lol, got my mechanic to do it. According to this there's 2 for each mount. So if you only fit the rear then you'll have 2 remaining I guess

* 1 - 1075 - Passenger Side of Front Mount
* 1 - 1074 - Driver Side of Front Mount
* 1 - 1089 - Passenger Side of Rear Mount
* 1 - 1088 - Driver Side of Rear Mount
By Leejay-B
Update, spoke to tom at tgm and said I wanted mounts fitted to stop manifold cracking.

He said front and rear are best but will need idle raised to 1100 rpm plus.

BUT he also said lots of people return as get fed up with vibrations and ask for one side to be removed.

I have been advised one side reduces a lot of movement anyway, and front is best to have inserts as that one is the common mount to fail, so strengthening this one is best!
By Leejay-B
Not sure that makes sense - tom at tgm said front mount is common failure on EP3 anyway, adding rear mount inserts will make it more likely to fail, so advised I just fit front inserts, thus protecting manifold and front mount itself.
By *nub*
pretty sure mine are only fitted to the rear? My manifold does not even have a flexi and it's fine. You may regret doing it if the vibrations are too much.
By ADRi NH674P
I'm running front, rear and gearbox inserts atm.

There aren't any vibrations at all, and i haven't raised the idle. Sometines... when the engine has been running for a while, and you're stopped for a minute or so with the engine running, you hear a little vibration comming from the right side of the dashboard (at least mine does this), but it dissappears by pressing the gas pedal and raising rpms just 100rpm or less.

If that helps.
By *nub*
I'm not saying you're lying Adri but I have to say... Mine with only 1 mount insert does vibrate a bit and generally most of the experiences I've read about on here tend to agree that it can be an issue and an annoyance to some. Even remember a few people making threads about it. Raising idle rpm would definitely help though, may even eliminate it
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]