The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those Complete Power Boosting & Drivetrain Mods..
Forum rules: 
Please keep personal insults to yourselves.
Opinions and discussion are welcomed but the name calling and petty retorts are now becoming tiresome and getting in the way of what would otherwise be a great section with a lot of useful information.
Personally insulting posts and those serving little purpose except to incite argument will be removed and authors warned. FYI, we operate a multiple warning and automatic ban system.
By SeanEP3
My charger is currently off the car having a bearing refresh.

As I know I need a remap to fit it agin, I was wondering about the smaller pulley.

Anyone running it with no problems?
By jonezy
Think smallest you can get away with is 3.2", 3.0" just diminishes all gains through extra Intake temps, so charger works harder for no reason

Unless you get chargecooler
By Scuffers
jonezy wrote:Think smallest you can get away with is 3.2", 3.0" just diminishes all gains through extra Intake temps, so charger works harder for no reason

Unless you get chargecooler
3.2 is taking the mick....
By *nub*
dunno about JRSC but fn2 comptech has a 3.15" which is the limit without a cooler. but the manifold is a bit more efficient, I believe it produces 10 psi. Can get up to 330bhp on that, i've never seen an ep3 JRSC that high
By Scuffers
jonezy wrote:Really? The usual one is 3.4" isn't it?
yes.
*nub* wrote:dunno about JRSC but fn2 comptech has a 3.15" which is the limit without a cooler. but the manifold is a bit more efficient, I believe it produces 10 psi. Can get up to 330bhp on that, i've never seen an ep3 JRSC that high
simply don't agree, this is from a an un-cooled JRSC running a 3.2"

this is not a one off, I have seen dozens of them.

Un-Cooled, you cannot run 9-10Psi without getting into det - no this does not mean it's instantly going to fail, but given time, that picture is what your pistons will look like.

with the EP3 style JSRC, anything less than the 3.4" is asking for trouble, yes the DC5 JRSC is a little better, and 3.3" is do-able, but that's it, until you get to cooled installs.

to put some numbers to this, at 10Psi, the air temp exiting the charger is way over 125C, do this on a trackday, and after ~10 mins, it will be over 150C, and even with the best fuel in the world, that's going to be detting hard.

if you want to get more out of your JRSC, look at the exhaust (all of it), that's where the gains are to be had, get it right, you will see lower boost pressures for the same pulleys, leading to lower temps and more power.

Boost is a bad thing, what you should be chasing is air mass, not boost.
By integraleo
Just installed jrsc and full charge cooler set up on my dc5 with 3.2 pulley. My friend with same set up hits 8psi. Different crank pulley means I will be hitting less boost on the 3.2 pulley
By pablo7uk
so glad i found this thread, confirmed to me that i made the right decision NOT buying a jrsc ep3....it's running a 3" pulley and 10psi with no functioning cooling in place!!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]