The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those Complete Power Boosting & Drivetrain Mods..
Forum rules: 
Please keep personal insults to yourselves.
Opinions and discussion are welcomed but the name calling and petty retorts are now becoming tiresome and getting in the way of what would otherwise be a great section with a lot of useful information.
Personally insulting posts and those serving little purpose except to incite argument will be removed and authors warned. FYI, we operate a multiple warning and automatic ban system.
By Nobu Jon
I've had the energy inserts fitted for about 18 months and I've had enough of the noise transferred through the cabin. The vibrations are ok, but I'm only running a unsilenced B pipe but it sounds like my mates un-silenced spoon n1 in there.

My question is to those who have fitted the rear inserts for race headers. Did you notice a big difference in cabin noise? Reading being I have already bought a oem front mount and wondering whether it would be ok with just the rear.
By davey j
Generally speaking you fit all or stick with standard. Given the age of the mount rubbers and that they are designed to work together, you stiffen up one you increase the stresses unnaturally on the remainder. Try Vibratechnics stuff. Pricey, but worth it. They do two versions too. Stiffer and very much stiffer.
By Nobu Jon
I do have the Vibratechnics drivers side mount and powerflex gearbox mount, but the noise came after fitting the energy mounts.

May fit both oem lower mounts and see how I get on.

Cheers Davey
By *nub*
You know about getting the idle rpm increased slightly to fix this ? Put your foot on the accelerator slight and you'll notice it disappears after about 1-200 rpm. My passenger recaro vibrates which is annoying. Also I remember Paul or Neil at TDi North gestured to me (imitating vibrations) that fitting the second insert would only increase the vibrations
By Nobu Jon
It's not too bad at idle, it's worse when driving along too. When I get to 70mph it sounds like I've got a really loud exhaust.
By davey j
Best way is pick one brand and stick to it chap. Neither brand was designed around and/or for the other. If you don't want resonance go with new Honda.
By RsAMD
just replaced the rear mount near the exh. header with a vibra-technics hon170m mount and its really nice. had es inserts before and the driving noise was annoying. the vibra-technics is near stock noise and only little vibration at idle but much stiffer than stock. :up:
By jtc
RsAMD wrote:just replaced the rear mount near the exh. header with a vibra-technics hon170m mount and its really nice. had es inserts before and the driving noise was annoying. the vibra-technics is near stock noise and only little vibration at idle but much stiffer than stock. :up:
Considering one of these myself
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]