The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those Complete Power Boosting & Drivetrain Mods..
Forum rules: 
Please keep personal insults to yourselves.
Opinions and discussion are welcomed but the name calling and petty retorts are now becoming tiresome and getting in the way of what would otherwise be a great section with a lot of useful information.
Personally insulting posts and those serving little purpose except to incite argument will be removed and authors warned. FYI, we operate a multiple warning and automatic ban system.
karl.hart wrote:So ppl post here tell us if yours whines like mad! List mods an tuner or if they know what makes them whine that info would be good lol
my charger whines a bit...... here it is getting mapped on tdi's roller's-

thats with dc sports manifold, spoon b.pipe and oemback box :thumbup:
jreedy wrote:
karl.hart wrote:So ppl post here tell us if yours whines like mad! List mods an tuner or if they know what makes them whine that info would be good lol
my charger whines a bit...... here it is getting mapped on tdi's roller's-

thats with dc sports manifold, spoon b.pipe and oemback box :thumbup:

Maybe its just our dyno dude :badrazz: :lol:
I think Drucifer have copy my part list for do the conversion from EP3 JRSC system to RSX-S system.
I have made this conversin at the end of july with the same pulley, 3.2". I made about 9.5 Psi of boost.
The big difference from EP3 to RSX kit is:
- better air flow, egt about the same
- space for add an aftercooler (mercracing)
- Less manifold crack with the brace support
- Zero phantom-ghost Knock
- Less vibration and sound of blower.

I use the W/m injection and i have in the manifold the Ambient temperature +10°C after 3 wot, and it remain the same after a lot of pull. In this summer hot italy about 45°C in the manifold with a ambient temperature of 32 °C and under hood about 42 °C.
Withou the W/m on a 3rd gear wot i have 95°C in the manifold.
I use a short ram with blox velocity stacks 3" + filter, stock throttle body maxed out at 64 mm,siemsne 650 cc injector, obx race header, 2.5" catback with stock EP3 muffler modified by me with (2.5" pipe and other). Very silent and power a lot,about 340 bhp at the flywhell with W/m injection active.

Don't try with the tsx intake 06+ cam..i have try a lot and you waste your money and time...
Last edited by fireblade893 on Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
karl.hart wrote:Yes but some jrsc on the ep3s are very noisy and some arnt with same mods just cant understand why ! Av got a belt that covers more pulley havent you seen that post before with the pics to show it!! Av you not come across this before lou dome whine some dont!
the wine is mostly down to what intake you have, open filters/intake pipes etc. will make it sound loud.

for example, these two:

vs this one:

both the same engine spec's etc, just the latter has a more std enclosed airbox intake.

power wise, this is about where we are with un-cracked K20A2 engines:
Last edited by Scuffers on Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
middo wrote:Any particular one? Are they still a bit on and off throttle wise ( the car I drove may have been a bad example).
that was a Skunk2 one, and yes, they seem to have issues at 0-5% openings not sure if this is a mechanical issue or just a characteristic of big TB's.
Lou Connor wrote:Hey Simon, what fuel are you running the car's on?
Pump super, that one was on Shell optimax
I'm sure it's the characteristics - I used to have a larger TB on my old focus and the only way to pull off smooth was to either bounce the revs gently or move the steering wheel left/right left/right as you pulled off gently to help get it rolling without being jumpy.
hi, just want to share the benefit of w/m injection for ppl consider doing it. It's an CTR EP3, specs: stock block, erl s2k oilpump conv., k20a cams, springs, retainers, aem cai, kr header, supersprint exh. rsx jrsc 3.4'' pully, k20a2 cp, ais w/m kit 10gph nozzle 50/50 water/ethanol mix. engaging @4k, vtec 3,5k revlimit 9k.

for comparison standard ctr makes 200ps=197bhp
RsAMD wrote:hi, just want to share the benefit of w/m injection for ppl consider doing it. It's an CTR EP3, specs: stock block, erl s2k oilpump conv., k20a cams, springs, retainers, aem cai, kr header, supersprint exh. rsx jrsc 3.4'' pully, k20a2 cp, ais w/m kit 10gph nozzle 50/50 water/ethanol mix. engaging @4k, vtec 3,5k revlimit 9k.

for comparison standard ctr makes 200ps=197bhp
Very nice :cool:

Do you think that the water / meth will have any detrimental effects on the supercharger's blades? Reason I ask is I wanted to install one of these kits, but I was told by a few people that it wouldn't work very well on a jrsc setup?
Lastly, where have you positioned the nozzle? I was told +/- 6" from the throttle body? Any pics of the install?
Don't know if the mixture will have any long term effects on the blades or something else, but i don't think so because the system only activates on wot conditions, in part throttle conditions the air will clean all this up i think.
I think a good place for the nozzle is in the inlet between s/c and tb. Currently i have it about 10cm before the tb in the cai, but when i quickly accelerate i get lean condition for about 1-2sec's because the spray needs some time to enter the engine. So u want the nozzle as close as possible to the intake runners.
TIFFOSI wrote:When fitting a 3" pulley on a aftercooled DC5 JRSC, it's recommended to fit a K24 crank pulley to avoid belt slip?

It's anything else required, besides crank pulley and new belt? (new mapping or something?)
With k24cp you'll increase boost another 2-3 psi. Its alot of stress for a 11.5 CR engine, even /w aftercooler. i think /w k20cp and the stock autotensioner you won't have any issues with beltslip. give it a try, you will need an uprated fuelpump and some 650cc+ injectors at least.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]