The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those Complete Power Boosting & Drivetrain Mods..
Forum rules: 
Please keep personal insults to yourselves.
Opinions and discussion are welcomed but the name calling and petty retorts are now becoming tiresome and getting in the way of what would otherwise be a great section with a lot of useful information.
Personally insulting posts and those serving little purpose except to incite argument will be removed and authors warned. FYI, we operate a multiple warning and automatic ban system.
iamthestig wrote: Impressive figures :bigthumb:

What modifications were used to achieve these figures?
std block/rods/liners, Cosworth pistons (86mm), some head work, new cams, fabricated SC inlet, SK2 70mm TB, and crap BP fuel!

needs some more dyno time on decent fuel (shell or the like), but I was somewhat impressed (engine build nothing to do with me, I just mapped it).
Scuffers wrote:
iamthestig wrote: Impressive figures :bigthumb:

What modifications were used to achieve these figures?
std block/rods/liners, Cosworth pistons (86mm), some head work, new cams, fabricated SC inlet, SK2 70mm TB, and crap BP fuel!

needs some more dyno time on decent fuel (shell or the like), but I was somewhat impressed (engine build nothing to do with me, I just mapped it).
Do you know what psi or pulley size it's running and what cams were used?

Was this used in this exige with a charge cooler by any chance?

The aftercooler looks a lot less restrictive than mine do you think this setup would work in an Ep3 height wise?
jreedy wrote:
karl.hart wrote:So ppl post here tell us if yours whines like mad! List mods an tuner or if they know what makes them whine that info would be good lol
my charger whines a bit...... here it is getting mapped on tdi's roller's-

thats with dc sports manifold, spoon b.pipe and oemback box :thumbup:
what power did you make with the oem backbox?
Been looking into the merc racing aftercooler setup, how cold do you think the water is that goes to the JRSC?
What about fitting the small heat exchanger inside the JRSC and fitting it upto the air con system?
You could use the existing rad just change the pipes from going inside the car to the vents and have them going to the JRSC? a switch already wired in etc
Please forgive me if this is a stupid idea, i am not totally sure how the full air con system works
I am trying to get a group buy of around 5 MercRacing aftercoolers
They do not have to be the complete kit, can just be the core aftercooler on the plate

Stage one core on it's own $375 plus shipping
Stage two core on it's own $475 plus shipping
Stage one basic kit $675 plus shipping
Stage one full kit $885 plus shipping
Stage two kit $995 plus shipping

http://mercracing.net/products-page/jackson-racing-2/

Please see the above link to see full details on each product

If we can get 5 ordered then the 6th will be free so the cost will then be divided

eg 5 x $475 (stage 2 core) divided by 6 = $395 a saving of $80 per person

If these prices are far too much MercRacing have asked me to try and find a price that people believe these should be sold at to get onto the CNC machine shops to try and get them for a lower price so then the sale price will also be lowered

A thread will be going in the group buy section
supercharged_civic_type-r wrote:
jreedy wrote:
karl.hart wrote:So ppl post here tell us if yours whines like mad! List mods an tuner or if they know what makes them whine that info would be good lol
my charger whines a bit...... here it is getting mapped on tdi's roller's-

thats with dc sports manifold, spoon b.pipe and oemback box :thumbup:
what power did you make with the oem backbox?

I made 296 bhp with jrsc (8 psi kit) dc 421 header, gruppe m, spoon b pipe And oem back box!

Miss that car right bad :-(
Having pretty much established that the JRSC is out of puff at some ~360 hp (at the hubs), plan B was called for:

Yes, that's it, add a huge turbo! (Garrett GTX3582r), in a compound-charged setup blowing though the JRSC.

after a lot of messing about, ended up with this:

Blue line is the same car from last year, Red is current, (numbers are from TDi's Rotatest, at the hubs, DIN corrected.)

obviously, the engine is no longer a standard K20A2, it's been Datron'ed to 89mm with rods and pistons, then the std head put back on just with new valvesprings (built for us by Paul Exon of Exon Race Engines).

The car belongs to Jamie Willson, who has been using it to win Time attack Club class in 2010, Club Pro in 2012 and now entered in Pro-Extreme for 2013.

After a bit of a false start at Cadwell, spent 2 days on TDi's dyno to get the bugs worked though, the engine package is just about there, and to be blunt, it's a monster!, can't belive how fast you have to pull the next gear, and remember this is with a full sequential gearbox with paddle-shifter (Eliseparts box and Geartronics shifter).
Scuffers wrote:Well, 570 was not enough, so a quick bit of head work:

and back to the dyno....

Damn that's some torque, but how have you guys been able to get so much torque low down from the M62? Is this k20 bored and stroked, higher pulley speeds and aftercooler?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]