The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those Complete Power Boosting & Drivetrain Mods..
Forum rules: 
Please keep personal insults to yourselves.
Opinions and discussion are welcomed but the name calling and petty retorts are now becoming tiresome and getting in the way of what would otherwise be a great section with a lot of useful information.
Personally insulting posts and those serving little purpose except to incite argument will be removed and authors warned. FYI, we operate a multiple warning and automatic ban system.
By MandyMan91
Hi all

I have owned my ep3 for 6 years 3 of which it was garaged as I was working overseas now that I am back I want to get it back up and running as a weekend/track toy

Took the engine out to clean everything and treat rust and whilst out I want to put an LSD in along with changing the clutch ,

I’m not going for big power upgrades just yet potentially going to do a high power NA build or a boost it in the summer so figured now is best time to get the right parts in.

Was looking at a Quaife LSD and Competition stage 4 clutch along with replacing syncros

Wanted some input has anyone used a stage 4 that is sprung if so how are they to live with? It won’t be a daily . Also is there much difference in feel between a stage 3 and stage 2 in comparison as in do they get heavier as you go up the stages .

Any advice will be welcomed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Jacks-ep3
Hi
Not got any experience of a stage 4 clutch myself however my friend is going boosted(currently making his manifold) he’s installed a stage 4 competition clutch and flywheel already.

I can tell he loves the way it revs with the new flywheel and he says the clutch isn’t to heavy other than when in bumper to bumper traffic. Like you said if going for a boosted project down the road maybe get one in now.

Were both running racepack mfactory helical lsd’s as well, great bit of kit and not clunky at all. Would highly recommend[emoji3577]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]