The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those Complete Power Boosting & Drivetrain Mods..
Forum rules: 
Please keep personal insults to yourselves.
Opinions and discussion are welcomed but the name calling and petty retorts are now becoming tiresome and getting in the way of what would otherwise be a great section with a lot of useful information.
Personally insulting posts and those serving little purpose except to incite argument will be removed and authors warned. FYI, we operate a multiple warning and automatic ban system.
By cobleyjamie
Hi guys, I’m thinking about doing the valve clearances, any suggestions and does anyone know the order in doing them. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Lewisgame
You need to make sure the engine is on TDC for each cylinder on compression stroke before checking them. If you start on cylinder 1, you’ll then go to cylinder 3, then 4 and finally 2 as you turn the engine over.
Removing the spark plugs will help with turning the engine over, you can also insert a long thin screw driver down the spark plug hole to help you find TDC on that cylinder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By 15repyt
To be honest not being funny but if you have to ask I'd pay Honda or a reputable garage to do it, it is and has been really easy to mess them up and make them worse.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]