The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Honda no longer offer this service, therefore archived.
Well that was certainly an interesting day. Had my mac course and am so pleased that I did. I never realised how many bad habits i had developed whilst driving.

Glyn was brilliant and seemed very very knowledgable. He aways had a clear answer to any questions I had and I feel that he has greatly helped me to improve my driving.

I am one of those people who hates anyone criticising my driving but Glyn must be the first person I have met who I could accept criticism from graceously.

I met him in Stockton at about 10am and then he assesed my driving for about 30 mins. He then asked if he could drive for a while. This was the first time that I have let someone drive my CTR and it was a real eye opener.

I dont know about other MAC drivers but his awareness and perception levels were nothing short of incredible. He could see signs in the distance behind acres of trees. He was asking me if i could see it etc and each time i replied with "oh yes" but in truth I could hardly ever see anything lol.

All the time he was driving he was giving a running commentary and it truly was amazing how much was going through his brain even on what i would consider to be an empty road posing no real hazards.

After he drove for about 30mins we went for a coffee and he explained a lot of what i was doing wrong (He probably could have talked all day about my failings!!)

He was always nice about things though and it was so easy to accept such criticism.

After coffee i drove for about 2 hours and he again observed me whilst i tried to emulate the techniques which he demonstrated earlier such as defensive driving, better use of gears etc etc.

He pointed out that about 60% of my gear changes were completely unneccessary both compromising vehicle stability and fuel economy.

Unfortunately the course was ruined slightly by heavy snow in places preventing me from fast driving on some lovely country roads however it was still a brilliant day and I am tempted to fork out £250 to have another, but hopefully when the waether is better.

By the way, one thing he did mention was that MAC are likely to be introducing a cut-off day soon for the free mac courses due to the ceasing of production of the type r. Therefore if you havnt taken or booked yours yet then i would get on the phone asap. It is too much of a good thing to miss out on, beleive me.

If you are lucky enough to have a MAC course with Glyn then make the most of it, you could really learn a heck of a lot for a few hours work.

:D
By GreatOracle
Glyn did mention to me last year that when the new Civic Type R arrives, the courses may well be offered again!!!
Hope so! Look forward to getting mine next year if it's as good as it looks in the preview press pictures!! :D
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]