The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Honda no longer offer this service, therefore archived.
When I bought my '05 Type 'R' nearly two years ago, I booked the MAC course with Glyn Titterington.
This was an excellent driving day and Glyn with his masses of experience, taught me a great deal. Most of which I have now incorporated into my everyday driving.
He also promised that if the new car was offered with a MAC course, that he would meet me nearer to Scotland this time and show me some better roads and new techniques.
SO, I was wondering if anybody has enquired about the availability of MAC with the new car.
I have been very busy both at work and at home and as yet have not had time to visit the dealers to book a test drive and make such enquiries.
Regards. :D
By philiosfogus
I have just ordered my new type R

The dealer told me that the MAC course is no longer available.

:cry:
By dogzilla
What a crock of BS. Can you buy the mac courses seperate?
Just received an email from MAC driver training, the informative part of their email was as follows:

"Unfortunately the original offer of a discount from Honda has expired,
however I am pleased to inform you that we do still offer a Civic Type-R
course. The course costs £270.25 inclusive of VAT."

They went on to ask for an address and contact number to put me in touch with an instructor. Free to £275, for a days training? that's a bit expensive isn't it!?
I emailed them to enquire about the MAC course for my CTR.

They have called me yesterday to confirm it will be £300 and they can get the instructor to call me to give me more details. I'm probably not going to do it now because the only down side is that it is on normal roads.

I thought it was a track training course and some road driving :evil:
I keep getting what sounds like an old git ringing me and leaving messages, saying he is a MAC instructor. Sounds like a right old pipe smoker to me.

I'm not going to part with my money for someone to take me out in the car and to tell me how not to drive. :bad-words:
ctrdaveg wrote:I keep getting what sounds like an old git ringing me and leaving messages, saying he is a MAC instructor. Sounds like a right old pipe smoker to me.

I'm not going to part with my money for someone to take me out in the car and to tell me how not to drive. :bad-words:
Your loss
j wrote:
ctrdaveg wrote:I keep getting what sounds like an old git ringing me and leaving messages, saying he is a MAC instructor. Sounds like a right old pipe smoker to me.

Your loss
In What Way ?? :vconf:
Please explain more
ctrdaveg wrote:
j wrote:

Your loss
In What Way ?? :vconf:
Please explain more
They are all ex police drivers. They dont teach you to drive on the track - that was seperate - what they do teach you is how to drive safely and quickly on the road without reving the nuts of your car, infact he did not go above 6krpm just to prove a point.

Personally I would not drive like he showed me all the time as I am a bit lazy now, but when I am pushing on it does help.

I also did the course back in 2002 :lol:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]