The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Honda no longer offer this service, therefore archived.
By theboylowe
I bought my Type R :D second hand in April this year (04 plate) and the guy had owned it from new and had the paperwork for the free MAC course that he hadn't used. I caled the MAC guys to have a chat about the course and they have said although it hasn't been used i'm unabe to use it as I didn't buy the car originally.

Has anyone else excperienced this or know if that's correct or indeed a way round it?

How good is the course?

Cheers
Theboylowe
By Ultim8_Evil
They are transferable with the car... I did mine and my car was second hand.

Think the closing date for the MAC course has been and gone though.
By algreene
You can only get a mac course for free now if you have bought the car from new. As there arent many left then honda aint splashing out for many courses..

you prob cant have yours..
By miner
That's a bit mean of 'em.
IIRC you get a card invite postcard directly from MAC not longer after you buy the CTR
By LeeH
Ultim8_Evil wrote:They are transferable with the car... I did mine and my car was second hand.

Incorrect. It ends October, as I have just booked mine after 2 years of not getting around to it :oops:
By Ultim8_Evil
LeeH wrote:
Ultim8_Evil wrote:They are transferable with the car... I did mine and my car was second hand.

Incorrect. It ends October, as I have just booked mine after 2 years of not getting around to it :oops:
https://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=102037

When I did mine, I asked about the closing date malarky and the bird on the phone said that Honda were going to cut down on letting 2nd hand owners do the MAC course because more and more CTR's were entering the 2nd hand market.
By LeeH
Mikey25 wrote:I've just phoned MAC. I'm afraid that as of last friday they are no longer doing the courses if your CTR is older than 6 months. Thats a real shame because I only picked my CTR up last week and have basically missed the date by 3 days - and they wont budge on this either. If I want to do the course I will have to pay and its £280.

Does anyone know any other companies that are cheaper but still good value?
I don't get this. My CTR is 2 years old, I booked it 2 days ago for the 22nd of this month :?

EDIT: must apply for second hand owners.........unlucky!!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]