The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Honda no longer offer this service, therefore archived.
By MarcW1980
I am writing with interest about the immanent launch of the Civic Type R at the Motor Show in July. Having bought the Type R on the previous launch I am waiting with baited breath to see if Honda are again going to look after their drivers and include the MAC driving course. I know, along with myself there are also a number other Type R owners trying to find out if this is the case with no luck. We find it hard to believe, that after the great feed back from all of us about the course that this will not be the case.

Not only did the MAC course enhance the experience of purchasing a Type R but after the course it also enhanced the driving experience we got from the Type R.

Just wondering if anybody knows any more info about this please… Or have got any thoughts, Cheers for any replies :D
By The Incredible Hulk
I've been told it will be included and subject to negotiations may include additional features, I also heard that it will be available with the launch of the new CTR which should be sooner than we initially thought - try the end of the year. Of course the above is rumour but I wonder if any of the Swindon workers can confirm new shape CTRs running around or not?

regards, Kevin
Cheers for that.....

This is the problem :!: I've heard the same rumors but no confirmation that the course will come free with the purchase of the Type R. I would love to hear that they are carrying this on …
By Morty
I was told on my MAC course that it was being stopped and would not be available,
Best thing to do I guess is to ring MAC themselves, Im sure they would be able to shed light on the situation.

Nick
By MarcW1980
Okay, thanks for that Nick, I will give them a ring and then let you all know what response I get.
By Sean01
If i pay for the MAC course, will they give me a free Type R :lol:
By traffman
Ive just come back from my mac course and was told that they will be including it for the new type r.
By MarcW1980
Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know I have called MAC themselves and tried to ask Honda Dealers and no one can say either way!!!!! :roll:

I have asked the question on the Honda website and will wait to hear from this... With a bit of luck they will know what's happening!

Will be back as soon as I hear...
By bammy
I did my MAC last month with Mike Wilson, he said that as yet MAC don't know if the course is going to be available with the new type R.
Watch this space I guess!
Course was good Mikes jokes were very very bad!
I've now asked the question on the Honda website (address above) and have still not got any joy and as mentioned before MAC themselves don't know either!!!!! - don't think they have been told...

Will keep on trying to get to the bottom of it, if anybody knows more please let everyone know.

Cheers for now :?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]