The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Honda no longer offer this service, therefore archived.
I'm embarassed to say that after a period of nigh on 20 years this was to be the first serious piece of driver training undertaken. As the date for the course drew closer I became increasingly nervous at the thought of my driving craft coming under close scrutiny, I knew I had bad habits I just was unsure of how many :oops: . Its worth saying at the outset that I found Chris extremely professional in his attitude, his presentation and his instruction. This in turn allowed me to develop confidence in his direction and therefore get the most out of the day. I learned so much today but in the interest of finger typing I'll summarise it into a few bullets;

- Overtaking positioning and preparation, the real sense of satisfaction from reading the road, selecting an appropriate gear, selecting the spot for the action and then executing in a safe and somewhat stealthy manner that did not raise attention to the event and nor intimidate other road users
- Reading corners and understanding when to come off the gas and when to begin smooth acceleration to maximise exit velocity
- Selecting a gear, if not two, lower than I would normally to maximise the flexibility of control should a situation require it, quite often I can be in fifth when in a 30 zone, after today i can see the real benefit of being in third which at 3000rpm puts my nicely into an esculating torque zone giving me options
- Braking superseeded through anticipatory vision wherever possible, reading the hazards early and backing off so that when you arrive at them you are already in a suitable speed / gear combination as opposed to braking at the spot and then trying to find an appropriate gear to overcome the momentum loss

I learned so much more and will no doubt add to this when my brain has a good nights sleep but today I really had a complete mindset change to the way I drive as a core skill and also in the way I drive the CTR to maximise the investment in this little rocket. If you haven't booked your MAC course yet I'd strongly recommend getting your name down and being prepared for some quality tuition.

regards, from one very tired driver, Kevin. :D
By Mr Pompey
The Incredible Hulk wrote:I'm embarassed to say that after a period of nigh on 20 years this was to be the first serious piece of driver training undertaken. As the date for the course drew closer I became increasingly nervous at the thought of my driving craft coming under close scrutiny, I knew I had bad habits I just was unsure of how many :oops: . Its worth saying at the outset that I found Chris extremely professional in his attitude, his presentation and his instruction. This in turn allowed me to develop confidence in his direction and therefore get the most out of the day. I learned so much today but in the interest of finger typing I'll summarise it into a few bullets;

- Overtaking positioning and preparation, the real sense of satisfaction from reading the road, selecting an appropriate gear, selecting the spot for the action and then executing in a safe and somewhat stealthy manner that did not raise attention to the event and nor intimidate other road users
- Reading corners and understanding when to come off the gas and when to begin smooth acceleration to maximise exit velocity
- Selecting a gear, if not two, lower than I would normally to maximise the flexibility of control should a situation require it, quite often I can be in fifth when in a 30 zone, after today i can see the real benefit of being in third which at 3000rpm puts my nicely into an esculating torque zone giving me options
- Braking superseeded through anticipatory vision wherever possible, reading the hazards early and backing off so that when you arrive at them you are already in a suitable speed / gear combination as opposed to braking at the spot and then trying to find an appropriate gear to overcome the momentum loss

I learned so much more and will no doubt add to this when my brain has a good nights sleep but today I really had a complete mindset change to the way I drive as a core skill and also in the way I drive the CTR to maximise the investment in this little rocket. If you haven't booked your MAC course yet I'd strongly recommend getting your name down and being prepared for some quality tuition.

regards, from one very tired driver, Kevin. :D
I had mine last year with Cris ellis, I thought he was a top bloke. I bet he mentioned the bit about dustbins/dustbags on the side of the road.....if you see them watch out for the dustcart.....On that note sadly a youg lad in my village working on the biffa van was knocked down and killed
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]